Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am using the auto document feeder and have a legal contract. I scan legal all the time. The scan is being cut off at the bottom.  

1.Is there a way to set up the auto document feeder to recognize a legal size document and adjust to the proper size paper and scan? 

2. Alternatively is there a way to turn on legal size from the times I need it.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi ppoulgeo.

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

Sorry to hear that you are having scanning issues when it comes to Legal size documents.  Please respond with which Operating System you are running.
Which Windows Operating System am I running?
Mac OS X: How Do I Find Which Mac OS X Version Is on My Computer?
Please respond with your printers Model Number.
How Do I Find My Model Number?

Once I have the information I can better research the issue.

I am always happy to help and I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I have the same problem with scanning legal sized documents. I am using the document feeder; the bottom of the documents is not scanning. I am using an HP OfficeJet 4630 and my operating system is OS X 10.9.5.

Thanks,

Ted

HP Recommended

Hello tchodock,

Welcome to the HP Forums.

I see that you are having an issue when attempting to scan a legal size document.

The reason why you are having issues is simply because scanning a legal size or copying a legal size is NOT supported.

You can print a legal size but the scanning glass or ADF does not have the capability to this task.

Here is a link to the Printer Specifications for the HP Officejet 4630 and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 4640 e-All-in-One Prin.... Look under that Scanning Specifications for the Maximum scan size from glass: 21.6 x 29.7 cm (8.5 x 11.7 in).

Thanks for your time.

Cheers,   Smiley Happy

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I know this is an old thread, but maybe this will help someone in the future.

You can scan legal size by using the Windows Fax & Scan application and initiating the scan from there.  Just change the document size from letter to legal in the software.  You can't scan legal by using the buttons on the scanner itself.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.