Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Solved!

an unknown error occurred while printing.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I hope someone can help, I have just bought & installed a HP dekjet 2510 all in one printer, when I try to print any thing online, for instance paypal invoices, adress labels etc I get  a little box that says "An unknown error occurred while printing." it happens on everything online that I have tried, I dont have a problem printing anything else, & no problem found with the trouble shooter. any ideas? if it cant be solved its going back & I will go back to Epsom!!

many thanks to anyone that can solve this unwanted problem/glitch.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
3,480 3,471 279 651
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

From which browser are you trying to print? Try printing from other browsers like IE, Firefox or chrome.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, many thanks for your suggestion, I use Firefox exclusively, I do have chrome (but dont like it) & tried on there & it worked with no problem, is there anyway to get it to work with firefox?  I dont use IE,

thanks

TokDok..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
3,480 3,471 279 651
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try following steps to steps to reset firefox and then try printing.

1. Type about:config in the Address Bar and press Enter. A list of preferences will appear.
  2. Find the preference print.print_printer (Note: this preference is missing in Firefox profiles where you've never used the printer.)
  3. Right-click (context-click) that preference and select Reset. (Some users may need to reset all the print.printer preferences for a particular printer, if resetting this one master preference doesn't solve the problem.)
  4. Restart Firefox and see if the problem is resolved.

Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

that seems to have done the trick, I had to make 2 attempts for it to work,

you solution is much apreciated, many thanks..

0 Kudos
Level 11
Level 11
3,480 3,471 279 651
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Glad to know that the issue has been resolved.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have an officejet 6500A plus and use Firefox exclusively and had the same problem as TokDoc for several weeks now.  The hp print & scan doctor never showed a problem with the printer so I finally went on the forum, followed DevRao's instructions and voila, it worked!

Thank you for the advice, I really appreciate that knowledgeable folks like DevRao take the time  solving puzzling problems that appear suddenly and cannot be resolved with the limited knowledge of an average user like myself.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation