Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Found Prime Electronic a few days ago and ordered a new card.  Just got here today, will posts results.  Checked out pictures and keeping fingers crossed.

HP Recommended

Couldn't wait till tomorrow, put the new card in tonight.  Had just a little problem getting the panel off (opened the first-scanner-lid and thought that was the first screw to remove.  Realized that it is the lid to get to the ink that you have to open and remove that screw along with the one in the back.  New card worked within seconds after searching for the network.  Thanks to the guy that had the pictures, you made it easier.  And thanks to Prime Electronic for having the card.

HP Recommended

I also had the same problem and resetting worked for a while. Then it started happening more frequently, so I too ordered a new card (HP part # 1150-7931) from Prime Electronics, so when it goes out again, I'm ready! Thanks to all those who posted. The card was @ $26.00 with the shipping. And the advice...Priceless

HP Recommended

I am also having the same problem.  Waiting for HP to call back.  Purchased extended warrenty.  After reading all your posts I will ask them to send me a new card.  I would rather install it myself than send the printer out and be without it for as long as it takes them to fix it.  They don't even make another printer that prints on CD's so it can't be replaced.  Let's not even talk about the noise it makes when doing double sided printing!  What a piece of #$!! this machine is.

HP Recommended

Good luck having hp send you the part. As told to me they don't carry the part. They will issue a new printer. I suggest you get the part yourself and install it

HP Recommended

where on the Router do you plug the ethernet ??

HP Recommended

Are you asking because you are having an issue?  I am having a wireless radio problem not an ethernet or intranet problem. My internet and intranet are working just fine and if I hard wire my printer it also will connect it's when I try to connect wirelessly I have a problem and have identified the problem and how to fix it.  I am just waiting to hear back from HP this morning as to wether they can send me a new radio card or I have to purchase one myself.

If you are having an ethernet problem please elaberate and maybe the forum can help.

HP Recommended

Oh, I am not having ethernet problem, but the same wireless problem that everyone else is having.  The wireless radio not working message and then after resettig everything, still not able to find the network.  My laptop works just fine.  The printer is right next to the router downstairs, so thought I would try the ethernet fix that people mentioned where you plug the printer into the router using that.  I already have something plugged into LAN 1 slot in my Router box, so then wondered if I just plug the printer into LAN 2 slot ??  I tried that already and nothing changed.  But I think I need to reload the software ??  I can't find the disk and hope I can download it from the website.......

Then maybe I can try to get a new wireless card in the future.  I need the printer now and was hoping to get the hard wire solution to work...

Thanks all.

HP Recommended

barbinparker,

You can plug the printer (or any device) into any of the LAN ports on your router.  There is usually one different port which will probably be labeled WAN and/or be a different color then the rest....you should only use that for your cable modem...but any of the other ports usually 1 through 4 or on bigger routers 1 through 8 and it should work.

You might have to have your laptop refind the printer.

One other detail...I would be assuming that your router is giveing out DHCP (ip addresses) and that when you reboot your printer it will ask for one and will be given one.

HP Recommended

I agree with the other post.  You will have to tell your computer to add the printer as a connected device instead of a wireless or you can re-run the software and choose the option of connected ethernet.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.