Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
and Meissbachslady: It has nothing to do with your computer... it's the printer. The OS doesn't matter until the printer is able to see wireless networks.

I don't know why people seem to think their OS has anything to do with the printer failing, but I keep seeing it in the posts about the wireless failing on the printer.. That's like saying your car doesn't start up because you painted the house red. 🙂

If I might suggest, try this...
1) Turn off your router (unplug it)
2) Turn off the printer
3) After waiting about a minute, turn the router back on
4) When the router is running (after 1.5-2 minutes) start the printer back up, and go through the configuration for wireless.

It could just be that they're having a problem communicating, and you just need to get things going in the "right order."
HP Recommended
I am in agreement card is crap, HP shame on you for this obvious design issue. Don't fix, don't offer a replacement, don't fix the problem, don't retain customers. Mine is wired to the router right now, next printer will be EPSON
HP Recommended

I got rid of my 'radio not working' problem. I threw the whole dang printer away! Bought a Canon Pixma. Had it up and printing wirelessly in 15 minutes! Only had to plug in the power and put the instal. disk in. No hooking to pc/un-hooking, connect to modem/ turn off/wait/turn on/ reset blah, blah, blah. I about cried when it asked me if I wanted to connect to 'Linda' network.  Literally got teary-eyed! Did that all through the air! Simple; I like simple! After 3 years of nothing but problems, I had enough. No more HP for me...ever! They would have to send me a free one!

HP Recommended

That sounds like a plan!  I think I'll go with Canon next time too.

HP Recommended

Thanks, good idea!

HP Recommended
Thanks for your input. I'm making notes for the next weirdo message from my printer. Next purchase will definitely not be HP printers!
HP Recommended

I've been receiving thread updates on this subject for quite some while. All that while I've not seen HP rise to the occasion as a corporate entity. Even an admission of a problem without any other form of compensation would have been enough for me. This has not been forthcoming.

The printer's circuitry has a flaw whether design, mechanical induced by environmental factors it doesn't really matter. After so many usershave reported the same failure we are fairly assured that it isn't the fault of these users. Setting up a printer, as a shared network device, slave to a pc, wired or wireless is not rocket science. I've been using mine as a shared network device via a pc ( slave) and previously after the card failed on a separate print server. It's faults are many, noisy, very difficult to keep supplied with ink, expensive and troublesome cartridges, heavy and then there's the omnipresent non functional wireless card.

Once upon a time it worked, once upon a time I eagerly acquired HP devices as did my father although it his case they were electronic test devices, signal generators, oscilloscopes, digital VOMs from a time when HP stood for quality. I remain a fan and proponent of HP products no longer. We use, sadly HP laptops in my office, several which have self destructed over the last year. I look forward to when these are rotated out in a year.

This will be my last post here as I've moved on to other equipment, looking to the day when HP will once again stand for quality. I wish you all well.

HP Recommended
Hello.

Performs the change of the WiFi card to success?

Or the error can also be located on the motherboard?
HP Recommended

I have purchased many HP printers, however the c309a will be my last!

HP Recommended

I usually keep my promises which in this case was to not post here again regarding this printer / albatros.

I just returned from my Saturday morning's routine which today was augmented by a trip to the local eWaste

facility. My HP C309a has a new home!

I moved on to a cometitor's color laser printer. I realize no one product is perfect or is the end - all of devices.

I suggest all those C309a sufferers that remain move on to something else. A defective printer isn't worth the grief.

Jerry

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.