Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Please HELP ME!!! I have spent more than 15 hours trying to enable web services using the "solved" posts here, but to no avail. The error I get is "The printer was unable to complete the product update."  I have gone to the EWS of my printer and changed the IP address to manual, etc., changed the DNS servers to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4., etc....i have shut off the router, shut off the printer, re-started, etc... I am so desperate to get eprint up and working!! Please help me! THanks

HP Recommended

my printer is the Officejet 6500 E7 10n-z

HP Recommended

Can you please find my question under user; KATTAI   and see if you can help me? I did what you said for the default gateway, and downloaded the latest firmware which at least got me through the first step in enabling web services, but now it asks for a proxy address which i do not have. my network has no proxy servers (I even called my network provider to see if they'd get me a proxy address, but they said they don't use them). The printer, however, won't budge if I don't put in a proxy address!!!! Please help...thanks, Kattai

HP Recommended

Hey Kattai!

Glad to hear you got past the first problem. Here are a few things you can try. Power cycle your printer by unplugging it for about 30 seconds and then plug it back in. If that doesn't work, try this.

1. Restore network defaults by going to Setup->Network->Restore network defaults.
  2. Reconnect to your network by running the wireless setup wizard.
  3. Try enabling web services again.

Let me know if this helps!

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem others are having.  Just got a Photosmart Premium ePrinter (All-in-One) C410a.  I had a heck of a time just getting it to work with my wireless.  Apparently a "known" issue between the printer and Verizon FiOS Actiontek router.  Could never connect through wirelessly using the wizard.  Had to connect it physically by ethernet to the router to have an IP address assigned.  After that, accessed it through the Embedded Web Server.  Set a static IP address there.

In any case, I have NEVER received any option to update firmware or printer.  I can't disable web services because I can't even ENABLE them.  If I press the ePrint button or the APPS button, I get the same thing.  It first wants me to ENABLE WEB SERVICES.  I click OK, then it wants me to agree to the terms of use.  After I agree (click OK), I get the same message over and over:  Problem connecting to the server....

I have NO problem printing wirelessly, or accessing the EWS -- just can't access the web services.

I don't have any issues with ANY of my other computers or peripherals accessing the internet.  I have 3 desktops (2 pcs, 1 mac), 4 laptops, blackberry, android phone, iTouch, iPad 2, and a previous HP Photosmart C7260 that all connect perfectly without any issues.

This is ridiculous that it should be this difficult.  I purchased this printer to be able to use ALL the features.  50% of them aren't working and it shouldn't be this difficult.  I've NEVER had a problem like this in the past with ANY product.

If anyone has any ideas of how to fix this, please let me know.  I don't want to have to call HP -- it doesn't sound like they know what to do about it.  Nothing on their help pages worked.  I'm at a loss -- tried everything in my bag of tricks and it just won't work.  BTW...Airprint works fine on the Mac and iPad.

Thanks (I hope)....

HP Recommended

FINALLY SUCCESS!!!!

Followed this suggestion on another post:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/ePrint-Print-Apps-Mobile/can-t-activate-web-services/m-p/861421#M7767

to use these DNS Servers:

After I did that, I finally got the message that the printer needed to update before it could use the services.  Update happened perfectly and I can now access web services!!!!  WAAHOO!!!!!

I think this was also mentioned earlier in this thread, but since it hadn't worked for others, I didn't try it.  I did it as a last resort.  Glad it worked for me.  I hope others can get their issues resolved....I've been working on this for 3 days!

Thanks everyone!

HP Recommended

Same printer, but the message I get is that a VPN might need to be set up and that's it!  No other options but to exit the menu.  I want to ePrint!

Thanks,

Vlad

HP Recommended

Agreed. The simple unplugging of the printer is the trick. Within 10 min eprint is up and running fine. Thanks

HP Recommended

I have followed the suggestions here. Unplugged the printer, re-plugged. Reset network settings back to default. Set DNS to 8.8.8.8 - 8.8.4.4 -  Nothing seems to be working. I've attempted for 3 days to connect to Web Services Server. Still not connecting.

After being on the phone for 15 minutes to HP Tech Support, I'm informed they will assist me for a charge since the printer (Photosmart Premiun C310) is out of warranty. I'm very displeased with the lack of service.

Can anyone explain why a manual IP would be any different than an automatically assigned IP address? After all, isn't an IP address an IP address whether it's assigned automatically or designated manually? My printer is connected to my wireless router and has several PCs printing to it. It's obviously communicating between the PCs to Router to Printer.

Thanks for any assistance. I just want my sister (whom I am assisting with this process) to be able to use ePrint on her printer.

HP Recommended

Hi SparkyUT,

I see that you're having trouble connecting to web services.  It looks like that you've completed all the basic troubleshooting steps.  

Contact Hp Cloud Service at 1-855-785-2777.

Let me know how it goes.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.