Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

B210 - have tried resetting defaults . default IP address will not connect to network with auto IP  had to set IP addrtess manually something similiar to the properties on the verzion hot spot. can not disable web services - never enabled.

no Primary or secondary DNS server. not sure if this is problem. can print ok thru network.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I used the google puble DNS address you gave me and it connected to the web and downloaded updates and gave the email address. I t may have had difficulty as the printer just gaveme a message that it could not reconnect. not sure about that. One additional question please. Do I need a WINS setting? I will try a email print from a differnt network. Thanks

View solution in original post

100 REPLIES 100
HP Recommended

Hey bobupton!

Try going into the printer's EWS and using Google's public DNS servers (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4). It sounds like you know what you're doing so I skipped a few steps on how to get there but if you need more help with it let me know!

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the comment. Not sure how to get to Printers EWS?

thanks for help

HP Recommended

To get to the printer's EWS type the printer's IP address into the address bar of your browser. Once there you go to network->IPv4 to enter in the information. For the IP address, use the existing IP of the printer, for the subnet mask it will probably be 255.255.255.0 and teh default gateway will more then likely be the same as the IP of the printer except instead of the last number substitute a 1. (For example if the printer's IP is 192.168.1.55 use 192.168.1.1)

Hope this helps!

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
HP Recommended

To add to what Dave is saying there will be a suggested manual IP button that you can click that will but in the correct IP settings like the subnetmask and default gateway.

Hopefully this will get you headed in the right direction

I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own thoughts.
If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with Accept as Solution if it solves your issue.
HP Recommended

I will need to get back to you both. Thanks to each. I brought the printer home and will try to adjust. The default IP would not connect. I changed it to 192.168.1.6 to connect to the printer and submask 255.255.255.0 and connected. The default IP had a sub mask like 255.255.0.0 or something similiar. I have been unable to get a Web connection maybe I need to go back to the default IP and try it with a better submask. I believe that you are correct that the Manual IP does allow the submask to be put in. I did not try repairing the preset IP. Thanks to you and Dave

HP Recommended

I used the google puble DNS address you gave me and it connected to the web and downloaded updates and gave the email address. I t may have had difficulty as the printer just gaveme a message that it could not reconnect. not sure about that. One additional question please. Do I need a WINS setting? I will try a email print from a differnt network. Thanks

HP Recommended

No, you don't need any particular settings on your email, just try emailing it and see if it prints out! If now, let me know and I'd be happy to continue helping :).

HP Recommended

Hello, I have the same problem I can not enable web services.

The first time I tried to activate the web services the printer asked for an update, I said ok and the printer was able to access the network and download the new software and install it.

But now when I try to enable web services I have the message :"server connection error, there was a problem connecting to the server touch retry to connect again or ok to exit"

I tried to follow your advises

(manual IP address  192.168.1.41,

subnetwork 255.255.255.0,

192.168.1.1)

DNS 8.8.8.8

but it doesn't work for me.

Do you think you could help me?

HP Recommended

Took delivery of a new 8500a today and cannot get web services.  Message "printer was unable to complete the product update".

Connected to the interet with no problem, can print from my PC with no problem, just doesn't like Web Services.

Looking at these forums it seems it is a universal problem and one that HP doesn't seem to be able to fix.  Would have been nice to have been able to print from the iPad but I guess that's not going to happen.  Should have researched before buying as I certainly wouldn't have brought this product had I known.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.