Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hey everyone. The engineers tried applying several fixes last night but after attempting to register on our printers here it appears the issue is still ongoing. And while I certainly wouldn't try to stop you from voicing your concerns on facebook or twitter, I assure you that HP is aware of the issue and working to get it resolved.

Once again, I apologize and I will continue to keep you posted if anything changes.

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
HP Recommended

Hello again everyone! I just got what could possibly be great news. Just got word that the update server is now allowing new registrations through. I tested it on both our 6500A and our 8500A and it went through on both without any problems. Please try again and let me know if you have any problems!

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
HP Recommended

I was able to connect to web services, obtain a printer code, add my printer, edit the email address, and print to my printer via email.  I have auto DNS settings (not using Google DNS servers).  This does seem to be working now.  Thank you.

HP Recommended

Glad it's working! Let me know if you have any other trouble. Once again, sorry for the long delay I know that was unbearable.

HP Recommended

Was able to registrate now, all works ok....... :OpenSmile:

HP Recommended

It just let me connect and register for eprint......and web services....

HP Recommended

Awesome! Glad everyone seems to be getting it working.

HP Recommended

Just got home and tried on the offhand. Great, the connection went through.

Although there were no updates available for my printer, I had already updated the firmware, I was able to get the registration code.

I have sent through an e-mail and printed using the e-print service.

Thanks for helping us keep the faith Dave_K.

Kudos awarded!.

HP Recommended

I'm just glad it's working now. I was beginning to worry that an angry mob with torches was going to come knocking on my door :P.

HP Recommended

Hi Dave, how do I mark the thread as resolved?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.