Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp pro 8620
Microsoft Windows NT

Hi I have tried to change ink cartdriges on my printer accoring to the instruction; I open/drop front access door, but nothing happens the cartdriges remain hidden behind the digital pannel on rigth side they dont slide towards the left side!! what im i doing wrong?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi! @leonSchaumer, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand that cartridge holder won't slide to the left to access ink cartridges on your printer.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Please try the steps mentioned below.

Send a print job to the printer.
When the printer is printing unplug the power from the back of the printer.
Now open the printer and hopefully the carriage will be somewhere in the middle. 
You should now be able to put in your other supplies.  Once they are installed plug the printer back in. 
Now you might get some error messages and confusion from the printer because it certainly will not be expecting to see new supplies when the power comes back on.

Wait for the printer to stop. 
Turn off the power at the power button. 
Unplug the power lead from the back of the printer. 
Wait 30 seconds. 
Plug the power lead back in. 
Then turn the printer on at the power button. 

Also, refer this article to troubleshoot carriage jam issues.

I'll keep an eye out for your response.  

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

ill give it a try tonite and let you know how it goes thank you!

HP Recommended

Hi I have tried the steps you suggested in your reply and on the links, unfortunatelly none of them worked!

1 Turned off printer

2 unplugged black power wire from back of printer

3 tried to move it manually it will not budge from behind the rigth side behind the touch screen

4 re plugged power wire

5 opened the front drop access pannel

6 turned it on it went tru the secuence of cleanning heads and setting up but did not move more than one inch to the left!

7 i tried sending a print job it refused to accept sying lack of ink

I don't know what else to try! please help

HP Recommended

@leonSchaumer, thanks for the response.

As you mentioned the issue still persists after troubleshooting.

Please perform a semi full reset on your printer and check if it helps.

Since the steps to perform semi full reset is confidential I will send you the steps in a private message.

If the issue still persists after the semi full reset it is a hardware issue.

Please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

Let me know is this works!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.