Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Thank you, I replied to your message.
HP Recommended

Hi daggan, 

Let me know if you are able to install the ToolboxFX files, and fix the alignment issue on your printer?

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended
pcwizard, sorry for calling you RobertoR.

The file you sent me wouldnt install on Windows7, but it did on my old Windows XP box, and the printer is working perfectly on that system now. I am happy that at least the printer is not faulty, but it would be nice to find a solution to the Windows 7 problem.
HP Recommended

Hi daggan, 

Have you tried to uninstall the printer, and then reinstall it to see if the issue goes away?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended
Yes, I have already tried that several times.
HP Recommended

Hi daggan, 

Can you install the printer on a different computer running Win 7 to see if you have the same problem?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended
Good news!
I just did as you suggested on my sister's PC, running Windows7 Home Premium, and it works perfectly.
Now I am going to reformat my own PC, which must be overdue for a spring clean by now.

I will report back soon.
HP Recommended

Hi daggan, 

Sounds good, Glad to hear it worked on your sister's computer.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended
Hi pcwizard,

I still have to download all the Windows updates, but the printer problem seems to be resolved at last.

I did a reformat and clean install of Windows on my C drive - then reinstalled the HP software. Im hoping it will last this time:-)

Thank you very much for your patience and kind assistance.

Best wishes,
daggan.
HP Recommended

I have  Color Laserjet 1600 and am getting the shadowing of the different colors and wavy alignment.  I have reinstalled the drivers on Windows 7, cleaned the rotating web, taken out each color cartridge and shaken them well, but the problem just won't go away.

I did switch from standard HP cartridges and the competitive products worked for a while.

I have tried the calibration utility on the printer but that didn't do anything.

Any help most appreciated, 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.