Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP Color Laser Jet CP1515n.

Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit.

When printing documents in colour, the colours of text and graphics are out of calibration with each other, causing them appear blurred, with a double image effect. I recently renewed the black cartridge and subsequently checked all the other cartridges to make sure they were properly seated, but the problem remains.   Please advise?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi daggan, 

Can you install the printer on a different computer running Win 7 to see if you have the same problem?

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33
HP Recommended

Hi daggan 

Hope you are doing well and sorry that you are having this issue; 

The troubleshooting steps in this link may help; 

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01691481 

Cheers; 

RobertoR

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :OpenSmile:
HP Recommended

hello RobertoR4.

Thank you for the link.

I have noted the advice therein, but can't seem to find the ToolboxFX file on my installation disks,

and it doesn't seem to be available on the HP website either. Do you know how I can obtain it, please?

I have also noticed when printing out written text that the double image is concentrated towards the left hand side of the page, with the far right hand side appearing quite normal.

It's just a thought, but do you know of a away to reset the printer back to factory default, using a sequence of buttons as the engineers do?

Sorry to bombard you with all these questions, but I am hoping that you can help me.

thanks,

daggan.

HP Recommended

Hi daggan, 

Follow the instructions below to access the ToolboxFX. 

Open HP ToolboxFX in one of these ways:

1. In the Windows system tray, double-click the HP ToolboxFX icon.

2. On the Windows Start menu, click Programs (or All Programs in Windows XP and Vista), click HP, click HP Color LaserJet CP1510 Series, and then click HP ToolboxFX.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hi again, RobertoR.

It may just be a Windows 7 problem, but no icon or file exists on my system for ToolboxFX.

I only have the HP Solution Centre for my other printer: HP Photosmart C5180 All-in-one.

I will keep looking for this software in the hope it will cure my problem.

And If I find a solution, I will be sure to share it with others on here.

Thanks again for your kind assistance.

Best regards,

daggan.

HP Recommended

Hi daggan,

Run the firmware update on your printer.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=lj-66432-7&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended
Hi RobertoR,
I already have the latest firm wear update, but thanks for the suggestion. The machine goes through its automatic calibration process regularly, and I am wondering if it is just a software related problem and worth persevering with. Have you come across this fault before?
HP Recommended

Hi daggan, 

Follow the instructions to calibrate colors.

Calibrate color from Printer:

1. Scroll to Setup
  2. Scroll to System Setup
  3. Scroll to Print quality
  4. Select Calibrate color, and then Calibrate now
I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended
Hi RobertoR,
I have already tried that several times, without success.
HP Recommended

Hi daggan, 

Please check your private messages.

I am an HP employee.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.