Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Every time I turn printer on, the on/off button flashes as well as the paper symbols.  No paper jams visable.  Print test showes the above error code twice on the print out.  

[Edited for Personal Information]

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi Meebers,

I understand you're getting an error 620060DE on your Deskjet 1050 printer. I'm sorry to hear this has been happening, but I will certainly do my best to help you.

This Blinking Lights document is definitely the best place for you to start. It will cover majority of the steps that can help clear an error like this.

Also, I'd recommend performing a hard reset on the unit, to make sure it isn't a power related error.

If you follow these steps and are still getting the same error please get back to me and I will private message you a different reset for this printer.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thank you for your response.  I have tried all of your suggestions at least 3 times.  Same problems.  As some additional information, I have found out that a combination of shuting the power button on/off and opening the cartridge door several times, moving the cartridges to the middle, it will function normally.  After this initial manipulation of buttons and doors, the printer seems to be normal until I turn it off for the night.  Then it starts all over again. 

HP Recommended

Hi Meebers,

I'm going to send you a private message that contains a reset. Before you perform said reset, please read the HP privacy statement: http://bit.ly/pCUQT7

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I tried the reset. Problem still exists.  At the end of the instructions, you asked me to follow the on screen instructions to complete the printer setup.  Are you suggesting to remove the printer from the computer, and try to reinstall it?  My printer dose not contain a screen, if that is what you were refering to.  ?

HP Recommended

Hi Meebers,

Thanks for the reply. I was meaning the printer screen, so my apologies for overlooking that yours doesn't have a screen. If the problem is persisting the same then it's a hardware issue with the printer. At this point I would suggest calling HP Tech Support for your area and inquiring about an in warranty replacement or an out of warranty trade in.

Hope this helps, happy holidays!!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Back to the original question then, can you "decode" the error # 629969DE?  It seems to me that the problem is that the cartridge(s) get hung up in the "HOME" position.  (far left)?

HP Recommended

OOPs I typed in the wrong error code...should be 620060DE...

HP Recommended

Hi Meebers,

That code is a firmware error. The firmware is the brain of the printer so with it starting to fail that's why sometimes you can get it to work and other times it just refuses to do anything. There is no update available for your printer at this time either, so if this issue continues and is inconveniencing you, you will need to contact HP Tech Support and see what other options are available to you.

Hope this helps, have a great day!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

HP deskjet 1050 J410 series printer 

serial number: [Edited for Personal Information]

SERVICE ID : 24168

Error Code 620060DE

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.