This doesn't solve the problem. You also need to go into Device Manager when updating and select the proper printer and update the driver. If you don't, the system will take forever and then time out at 99%.
DO THIS DURING THE HP INSTALL PROCESS (when the percentage counter is going)
1. Go into the device manager and find the printer in the list of devices
2. Right click on the printer and select "Update Driver software"
3. Click "Browse my computer for driver software"
4. Select "Let me pick from...."
5. Select the driver named: HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477 PCL-6 (Make sure its the one with a dash between the pcl and 6!)
6. Click next and go back to the hp install box and it should now see the printer and continue the install.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.