Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Printer: Photosmart 2575 All in one

Somehow I managed to get my printer into MFG-mode. Most important functions seem to work, but I prefer the "normal" mode.  Switching off the printer for some time (several times) does not work. Re-installation: no effect.

Can anyone tell me how I can reset this?

Thanks,

jowe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Everyone,

There are several different solutions provided depending on the printer model. The information required to fix the issue on this thread is a reset which should only be given under direct instruction of a HP tech support representative. They should not be done lightly!

Refer to Printer Resets: What You Should Know:

There are an increasing number of posts in this forum and elsewhere in the internet with the steps to do a resets on different printers. The reset itself will sometimes fix problems, so the reset is not the issue.

Some resets require you to enter button combinations to open special menus on your printer that you were never meant to access. These special menus are used by the developers and support personnel for debugging issues, but they are not meant for untrained users and can have unintended results. One wrong button push and you no could no longer have a printer, but instead a pricey paper weight. To top it off, if you do happen to "brick" the printer this way, it is considered customer induced damage, and voids the warranty automatically. These resets are only meant to be given out and used as a last resort, and under direct instruction of a HP tech support representative. They should not be done lightly!

Please check your private messages, and let me know if the steps provided resolve your issue?

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

72 REPLIES 72
HP Recommended

Hi jowe,

Do you have a message on the screen indicating that the printer is in MFG mode?

Have you tried restoring the defaults?

1. Setup 

2. Tools 

3. Restore Factory Defaults

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hi, When I switch my printer on, the printer display shows “MFG mode” and an exclamation mark in a circle for a few seconds. Then I get the normal display, except that all menu text is in English. I have reset the language to Dutch, and  Restored factory settings. When I switch the printer off an on again, I still get the MFG mode and menu is again in English. When the printer is switched off, the start button is always lit.

probably I have to use some secret key combination to get out of this MFG mode....

Thanks and regards,

Jowe

HP Recommended

Hi Everyone,

There are several different solutions provided depending on the printer model. The information required to fix the issue on this thread is a reset which should only be given under direct instruction of a HP tech support representative. They should not be done lightly!

Refer to Printer Resets: What You Should Know:

There are an increasing number of posts in this forum and elsewhere in the internet with the steps to do a resets on different printers. The reset itself will sometimes fix problems, so the reset is not the issue.

Some resets require you to enter button combinations to open special menus on your printer that you were never meant to access. These special menus are used by the developers and support personnel for debugging issues, but they are not meant for untrained users and can have unintended results. One wrong button push and you no could no longer have a printer, but instead a pricey paper weight. To top it off, if you do happen to "brick" the printer this way, it is considered customer induced damage, and voids the warranty automatically. These resets are only meant to be given out and used as a last resort, and under direct instruction of a HP tech support representative. They should not be done lightly!

Please check your private messages, and let me know if the steps provided resolve your issue?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Yes, that did the trick! Thank  you so much!

Jowe

HP Recommended

Hi jowe,

Glad to hear the issue has been resolved. Have a wonderful day.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

hello, i have the same issue with my printer and i cant seem to get the printer out of MFG mode no matter what button i press. My printer model is 3050.

HP Recommended

Hi L33mimi,

Is your printer a Laserjet 3050 or Deskjet 3050?

What message do you have on the printer screen?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

I have the deskjet. the scree says MFG mode. Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi L33mimi,

Please check your private messages, and let me know if the steps provided resolves your issue?

I am an HP employee.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.