Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a HP Deskjet 3520.  It either remains idle when scanning or cancelling the scan OR if scan goes through it has green vertical lines over the scanned image. I have it plugged directly into the wall. I have unplugged for 1 minute and restarted computer. No luck scanning or copying. Printing is fine.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

To add, it freezes at "driver" when run HP print and scan dr 5.0. I have deleted and add printer back onto computer, installed all software and driver options.

HP Recommended

@AmyWirth

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand there are green lines on the scan,

Don't worry as I have a few steps to help resolve your concern:

Step 1: Confirm the issue is not printing-related

The steps in this document resolve quality issues when scanning only.

If quality issues occur when printing from the computer, do not continue with these steps.
Go to HP Customer Support, type your printer model number if necessary,
then search for print quality to find the Fixing Poor Print Quality document for steps to resolve the issue.

If quality issues occur when scanning, continue to the next step.

Step 2: Clean the scanner

Fingerprints, smudges, dust, or debris on the scanner glass, under the scanner lid, or in the document feed slot can cause lines and color bands. Clean these parts with a soft, lint-free cloth sprayed with glass cleaner.

Click here for more steps and details.

Let me know how that pans out, 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.