Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

like others on this forum I have gone round the houses trying to find a solution and I seem to get to the same place.  i.e. downoad the solution centre. which I have done (including the 8.1) but when I then run the instal it only gives me the option to uninstal.  I've tried uninstalling and I suspect I now have a part uninsatlled app, and reinstalling but still i don't get the option to reinstall - any ideas?

HP Recommended

GreenTurtle gets the credit and kudos...reposting here....if you scroll WAY down, there is a security update you can uninstall...however, looks like they finally also put in a fix.

Copying right from GreenTurtle messages...

#1 - unintall the security update

HP Solution Center goes away on Upgrade to Windows 10
Product Name: HP 309g
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

GreenTurtle gets all of the credit, but I wanted to repost this near the top to save people hours and hours.

The problem is a security update!

>Enter "View Installed Updates" in the Windows search bar. It will show an option in the Control Panel.

>Click on the shown option.

> Select the "Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB3132372)" and an Uninstall option will appear next to the Organize dropdown.

> Click on Uninstall and work through any prompts.

> Once uninstalled, Solution Centre should work.

#2 - perm fix (I think - I did NOT do this)

Re: how do I download HP solution centre for Windows 10
@greenturtle wrote:

Hi,

Please be informed that Microsoft has released an update.  

Solution Fix: 

Please download and install the following update KB3133431 from Microsoft:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3133431

Note This update is available through Windows Update only. (Automatic updates need to beturned on)

1. Click on the Start Button, select "Settings" and then select "Update & security"
  2. Under "Windows Update", select "Advanced options" 
  3. Under "Choose how updates are installed", select "Automatic (recommended) from the drop down menu.

HP Recommended

I've checked through the suggestions provide (thanks) but the original KB3132372 is not showing as installed (don't know if would have been deleted as part of the below)

I already have the automatic updates turned on and  KB3133431 is showing as installed.

still when I run the solution centre it only gives the option to uninstall it.

any other ideas?

HP Recommended

Finally got it working....

system restore back to early Feb

run all microsoft updates, until they are all up to date (left this running overnight) 

download HP Solution Centre (HPSC) again, in the morning

run install on HPSC which failed but HP assist option came up and was recommended

install/run HP assist

further download identified

download further microsoft update and install

tried HPSC again

problem fixed

Phew!!!

HP Recommended

Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB3132372) was not in my Installed Updated.  Is there another option for me?

HP Recommended

I have followed your steps to View Installed Updates and neither one you mention is listed in my updates.  I made sure "auto updates" is on and checked that my updates are current. And they are up to date.  Can you please tell me what you suggest I try now?  I am at a loss.

HP Recommended

I don't hage either build (KB3132372 or  KB3133431) and I checked for updates and I am "up to date".  Any suggestions?

HP Recommended

Hi, I have a Deskjet F2480 and I can't install the Solution Center in Windows 10.

I have download the most recent version of the software (14.8) but after I install it and try to open the Solution Center a message appears saying that the Solution Center can't be run because the installation of my device haven't finished.

Here is the message. It's in spanish but maybe you can recognize it anyway.

http://i66.tinypic.com/2zf1pib.jpg

I have read the solution given in this thread about deleting the windows update (KB3132372) but I don't have that update installed.

Does anyone know how I can resolve this problem?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Didn't work for me.  I get error 2732

I had it working previously???

HP Recommended

Still does not work. I may installed the wrong software. I installed the 4200 and mine is the 4180. Maybe same software don't know but solution center still will not open. windows 10

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.