cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ihhp1
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

how to disable instant ink popups

HP Recommended
HP printer 8710
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

How can I get rid of the HP instant ink pop up everytime I print a sheet?

I do not want to enroll in the instant ink program !!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
E-roq
Retired
Retired
2,245 2,120 146 291
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @ihhp1

Welcome to the HP Support Forum! I hope you enjoy your time here. 

I understand you're encountering Instant Ink enrollment prompts on your HP Officejet Pro 8710 Printer's front panel that are impeding regular functionality. I have a fix in mind that should help. 

Please try the following: without shutting it down, unplug your printer for 1 minute. Then plug it back in and wait for it to start up. Once it prompts you to enroll in Instant Ink, choose 'Decline.' Or, scroll down to select 'More Options' and decline the offer from there. Let me know if that did the trick. 

Please let me know the result of your troubleshooting by responding to this post. If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to say "You rock!" by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below and clicking to accept this solution.

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum. Have a great day!

E-roq
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
RenegadeCJ
2 2 0 2
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After searching the internet and not finding any good solutions, I started figuring it out for myself.  I had to change the config file in the printer folder.  It involves changing one line of code. Follow these seven steps and it will work for you too.

1. Open the C:\Program Files\HP\HP OfficeJet 4650 series\ folder (or your printer folder)
  2. Find the “config” file and open it with note pad
  3. Find this line of code: “OfferAutoContinue=Yes”
  4. Change the yes to no: “OfferAutoContinue=No”
  5. Save the new config file to your desk top
  6. Drag and drop the config file from your desktop to C:\Program Files\HP\HP OfficeJet 4650 series\ folder (or your printer folder)
  7. If you are asked if you want to replace the old file with the new file say yes.

You're done.... You may have to reboot your computer.  

1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried all this. I still get popups on my Envy 4520 every time I try to print. I don't have wireless and HP won't let me bypass this option on my printer window. HELP

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation