Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I cleaned it really well with distilled water and a microfiber rag so it wouldn't pick up lint.  It didn't work.  I finally got desperate and cleaned it with alcohol.  Low and behold I found an almost invisible speck--IT WORKED!

Thank you very much for the help!  This solved a problem I have been working on for days in about 10 minutes!

HP Recommended

Thank goodness for this post and solution about the black line. I lifted the document feeder and cleaned the 1" glass really well and the line went away. Thanks for the solution.

HP Recommended

How can I get rid of the black on my paper when fed through the printer? It is not on the scanned docs

HP Recommended

How do I get the black line off my paper when going throu the printer? It is not there when scanned

HP Recommended

YOU! ARE! AWESOME!  I know yours is an old reply, but hopefully you'll get my message.  I've been fighting with that black line forever and thought I had cleaned all the pertinent areas. And lo and behold, there's a hidden part of the glass that you have uncovered for me. I cleaned it as you suggested and now the evil black line is no longer!!!  God bless you Dear!!! 🙂

(This reply is for jandsbob...not sure if I clicked on the correct reply show that it shows under his solution.)

HP Recommended

How do I get rid of black lines down the scanned pages

HP Recommended

Vertical

HP Recommended

Two vertical lines down the side of the paper, 

HP Recommended
I've done those and still happening
HP Recommended

Hello aventrella,

I am sorry to hear that you are getting two black vertical lines down the side of your scanned pages. I would like to help. I saw you mention that you have tried the troubleshooting steps posted already, example:cleaning the glass. I would like for you to respond to me with your printers exact model number and I will look into this issue further for you.

How Do I Find My Model Number?

You can also try to Resetting the Printer and ensure your printer is plugged directly into the wall.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.