Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a hp 3050 dskjet. on my router when i press the the wps button on the printer and the wps on the router it does not connect. Can you help

HP Recommended
My computer crashed so Im just using my ipad with AirPrint It worked fine but I moved so have a new network configuration ssid and password key how do I enter it on the printer itself i don't have a computer anymore
HP Recommended
Have no computer disc cant be used
HP Recommended

my problem is my printer has been set up before and i only took my lap top for cleaning as too many cookies were poping up. and after that i brought the lap top back home now plug the printer to the laptop and is obviously not seeing it. I have done trouble shooting and is telling me to insert the usb. i really cant fine where the cd that came with the printer is now is there no way out without the cd

HP Recommended

Hi deepclover,

@deepclover wrote:
My computer crashed soIm just using myipad withAirPrint It worked fine but I moved so have a new network configurationssid and password key how do I enter it on the printer itself i don't have a computer anymore

I would be happy to help you get your Deskjet on your wireless network without a computer. Please use the steps below and let me know how it works out.

1. Restore the network defaults on the printer by pushing the wireless button, going to settings, and then restore defaults. The wireless button should then start flashing, this means it is now in autowireless mode.
  2. Connect to the network that the printer is broadcasting. It is usually HP-setup-3050a and then part of the MAC address. The wireless light will still be flashing on the printer at this point, this is normal since this is not an actual adhoc connection.
  3. Load up the Embedded Web Server (EWS) in the browser on your mobile device. The default IP for autowireless is 192.168.223.1.  (OPen Safari and enter the IP address into the address bar.
  4. Go to the network tab along the top of the EWS.
  5. Click on Wireless Setup Wizard along the lefthand side to begin configuring the printer.

EWS wireless.jpg

Now you can put your iDevice back onto your home network and start printing. Smiley Happy

For some helpful information about AirPrint, please take a look at the following link; Printing Over a Wireless Network with Apple's AirPrint FAQs

I hope this helps.

Hello @chidex , I can help you as well. Please try the HP Print Install WIzard if you have Windows 7, 8, or 8.1.  If you require further assistance, please provide me with your operating system and version; Mac or Windows?

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

hi, i have lost my usb cable.  is there any alternative way to link up?

HP Recommended

You can set the printer up wirelessly if you have a wireless network to connect to. Did you try the suggestion I made in Message 25

Let me know. Please also include your operating system and version in your next post.  Mac or Windows?

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.