Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp deskjet 3630 all in one
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Just bot hp 3630 all in one printer.  Scan function says to press scan button but there is none.  Print button does just that??

Ideas?

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

@rky555 wrote:

.....  Scan function says to press scan button but there is none.  Print button does just that?? Ideas?

Hi,

Where do you get that step/instruction ? You have to sca from your computer, not from your printer:

Scan using the HP printer software
● Scan to a computer
● Create a new scan shortcut (Windows)
● Change scan settings (Windows)
Scan to a computer
Before scanning to a computer, make sure you have already installed the HP recommended printer software.
The printer and computer must be connected and turned on.
To scan a document or photo to a file (Windows)
1. Load the original print side down on the right front corner of the scanner glass.
2. Double-click the printer icon on the desktop or do one of the following to open the printer software:
● Windows 8.1: Click the down arrow in lower left corner of the Start screen, and then select the
printer name.
● Windows 8: Right-click an empty area on the Start screen, click All Apps on the app bar, and then
select the printer name.
● Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP: From the computer desktop, click Start, select All
Programs, click HP, click the folder for the printer, and then select the icon with the printer's
name.
3. In the printer software, click Scan a Document or Photo.
4. Select the type of scan you want and then click Scan.
● Choose Save as PDF to save the document (or photo) as a PDF file.
● Choose Save as JPEG to save the photo (or document) as an image file.
NOTE: Click the More link at the top right corner of the Scan dialog to review and modify settings for
any scan.
For more information, see Change scan settings (Windows) on page 53.
If Show Viewer After Scan is selected, you can make adjustments to the scanned image in the preview
screen.

Manual (page #51)  http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04649694.pdf

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I chose save as PDF.  but there is no "scan" button in the whole screen. 

HP Recommended

Select the type of scan you want and then click Scan.

BUT:  where is the Scan button??????

HP Recommended

You'll have to hide the taskbar in the Control Panel otherwise you won't be able to click Scan button

HP Recommended

@mo4 wrote:

Select the type of scan you want and then click Scan.

BUT:  where is the Scan button??????

It's down below, behind the Taskbar.  You'll have to hide Taskbar in the Control Panel, in  the Appearance & Personalization > Taskbar & Start Menu

HP Recommended

IMAGINE SELLING A SCANNER THAT HAS NO 'SCAN' BUTTON.   WHAT DOES HP THINK IT'S DOING.

DISGUSTED!!

HP Recommended

Welcome to the 21st century.  Here's how to scan:  Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers > right-click your HP Printer image and Start Scan.  Once done, save it in the folder of your choice.

This works on my Win7.  Clear as mud?

HP Recommended

There is no need to be so rude and insult peoples intelligence.

Now its my turn to ask where is the scan button on the HP Deskjet 3630 printer. AND to add salt to injury HP scanning dept does not operate on weekends for customer inquiries, nice one HP I had my doubt's about getting another HP printer. Will not make this mistake again.

Where is the frickn scan button if it has one it should be visible otherwise dont instruct as such.

HP Recommended

WOW HP who would of thought that HP's scan button is the enter button.

People this is what I did out of frustration I hit the enter button and bingo the printer began to scan.

Stupid!! HP,  you should say select enter not scan.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.