Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thank you for this simple solution!  I have been wasting my time for 2 hours restarting, using HP Doctor etc, going through the step by step instruction on how to scan, only to be scratching my head where to find the elusive thing to press which says "Scan".  At last thanks to going to the Forum and finding this same question, your answer is the one that works. (Who wants to go through the rigmorole of hiding the task bar every time to find the scan button!) HP should update their instrution manual pronto and their experts here should not just copy and paste from the manual - which is where we all got stuck in the first place!

HP Recommended

I cant even find an enter button on my screen.

HP Recommended

Aw got it ; you all ment the enter button on the keyboard.  it worked.  Had a legal doc was trying to scan yesterday to send back by e-mail to person and couldn't get it to work, so had to fax it back to them from work.  Spent an hour working on it yesterday and today.   The set-up was bad too, had to call tect support in Dec to even get the printer to connect to computer and work taking 3 hrs of my time.  If I had know that when one ink goes out won't work would have stuck with Epson that was a very easy set-up

HP Recommended

Just FYI, some links to Support docs that may be of use

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-3630-all-in-one-printer-series/7172306

After Win10 upgrade, printer does not scan

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-3630-all-in-one-printer-series/7172306/document/c0521...

step7 use a scanning app.jpg

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

I had this problem too, and then I remembered that I have my laptop's display settings set to 125% the normal size (ie bigger).  This meant that the"scan" button which is usually at the bottom right hand of the screen was off the screen and not visiible, so I couldn't click on the button with my mouse and so couldn't scan. 

When I reset my screen/display settings to 100% (ie normal, and not magnified) the scan button became visible, as it now fitted on the screen.

Once visible, I could click on the "scan" button and scan.

I have also read in someone else's post that just pressing the enter/return key can start the scanning process, but I haven't tried this yet.  If it works, it will save me from having to adjust my laptop's screen/display settings back to 100% every time I want to scan something on my HP DeskJet 3630 printer.  Hope this helps!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.