Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 6830

My new HP 6830 is printing the same document all the time no matter what I do.

I have cleared print queue from two PCs on my home network. I restarted both PCs.

I have restarted printer and restored factory settings (several times).

I have restarted wireless router and its repeater.

As soon as printer is reconnected to my wireless network it starts printing same document

again.

Help !!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

hi, in my opinion it's not related to the printer itself, as the autoprint job start only when you establish a connection,

so if you confirm that the queu list is empty maybe it's a bug so it appear empty but to be sure you need to access to this path and delete any file you find,

C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS

and see what happen

hope it will stop the invasion of printjob

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @dave_blue,

The HP Forums is a great place to find answers to questions/issues you may have, welcome! I see your HP Officejet 6830 keeps printing the same document, whenever the printer is switched on. 

You have completed numerous troubleshooting steps with no success.

I would like you to run the HP Print and Scan Doctor > www.hp.com/go/tools- It was designed by HP to provide users with the troubleshooting and problem-solving features needed to resolve many common problems experienced with HP print and scan products connected to Windows-based computers.

What does the PSDR find? If you are still seeing the issue, please leave me with the following information:

1. What is your current Operating system, Windows or Mac and which version?

2. Do you get any error message when you attempt to print?

3. Which program is the document printing from?

I will watch for your reply, so we can continue

troubleshooting. You can say thanks easily by clicking the "Thumbs Up" below!

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I am running Win 10  64 bit on two separate PCs on my local network. 

As soon as I connect the printer to the WIFI it just starts to print the same document (source

is web site pages via Chrome).  I have reset both WIFI routers.

As mentioned I have restarted the PCs and checked there is no print queue.

I cannot run the support assistant to check the printer because as soon as it connects

to network it starts printing.

How can I do a hard reset on the printer's WIFI? I already reset the printer to factory settings. No change.

I can try connect the printer to ethernet network and check if same problem exists.

thanks

HP Recommended

Forgot to mention there is no error message on printer. It just assumes it must print.

HP Recommended

hi, in my opinion it's not related to the printer itself, as the autoprint job start only when you establish a connection,

so if you confirm that the queu list is empty maybe it's a bug so it appear empty but to be sure you need to access to this path and delete any file you find,

C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS

and see what happen

hope it will stop the invasion of printjob

HP Recommended

You were right. I deleted files in that folder and all is back to normal.

Not sure how but suggest you guys report bug to Microsoft Win 10 team.

Thanks for your help - much appreciated.

HP Recommended

I'm printing a section of a colorful, image-rich Powerpoint file.  The file keeps reprinting & misprinting... wasting SO much expensive ink...

I clear the print queue and the file appears again and starts again.

I notice some misprints where the paper feeds poorly-- e.g. only half of some pages prints.  

Does the printer automatically restart a print job if it thinks it did a misprint??

I'm wondering if using inferior paper to print with lots of colored ink (which makes the sheets fee slightly damp) is causing misprints and automatic restarts of the print job?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.