Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp laserjet pro p1102w
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I installed Windows 10 on my HP PavilionX2 about two weeks ago and after a bunch of false starts finally got it going.  I set up my HP Laserjet Pro 1102w printer with HP's installation application and got new drivers, etc.  The installation was successful.  When I  attempted to print.  I got the message that my printer requires attention. I use generic cartridges, which seems to contribute to the problem.  However, I discovered that the printer would eventually print whatever I sent to it several hours later.  So, whenever I want to print I just ignore the message about requiring attention, but I have to wait several hours before Windows 10 will finally release the document for printing. I had no problem whatsoever in Windows 8.1.  This is new with Windows 10.

My printer works on three of my Windows 7 computers, and on  three of my windows 8.1 computers and on my iPad, so there is no truth to the message that the printer requires attention.  The printer works fine, but it does not work in Windows 10.  Microsoft Community is no help.  I reinstalled the drivers at least three times using the HP installation utility. That was worthless.

Is there any way to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @technickel5,

I see that you are experiencing issues when printing from just the Windows 10 computer, the print job will print a couple of hours later after sending it. I will do my best to assist you with this issue. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the " "Accept as Solution" " button down below in this message. If you wish to say thanks for my effort to help, click the " Thumbs Up " to give me a Kudos. :generic:

I would power cycle the router, restart the computer and printer to see if that will help.

It may be the port assigned to the printer. From Devices and Printers, right click on the printer and left click on Printer Properties, select the Ports tab and see if the printer is checked on TCP/IP and not WSD. Let me know how it is listed.

Download and run the Print and Scan Doctor, it will diagnose the issue and might automatically resolve it.

Here is a list that the PSDR checks for on the computer.

PSDR SCREEN SHOT PRINTING CHECK.png

What were the results when you ran the Print and Scan Doctor? (did it print or scan, any error messages)

If there is anything else I can help you with, just let me know. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @technickel5,

I see that you are experiencing issues when printing from just the Windows 10 computer, the print job will print a couple of hours later after sending it. I will do my best to assist you with this issue. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the " "Accept as Solution" " button down below in this message. If you wish to say thanks for my effort to help, click the " Thumbs Up " to give me a Kudos. :generic:

I would power cycle the router, restart the computer and printer to see if that will help.

It may be the port assigned to the printer. From Devices and Printers, right click on the printer and left click on Printer Properties, select the Ports tab and see if the printer is checked on TCP/IP and not WSD. Let me know how it is listed.

Download and run the Print and Scan Doctor, it will diagnose the issue and might automatically resolve it.

Here is a list that the PSDR checks for on the computer.

PSDR SCREEN SHOT PRINTING CHECK.png

What were the results when you ran the Print and Scan Doctor? (did it print or scan, any error messages)

If there is anything else I can help you with, just let me know. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thanks for the response.  I was able to finally get printing to work after trying several times.  The Microsoft Community forum help somewhat.  I had done all the steps they suggested several times, but after the fifth try, it finally worked as it should. I uninstalled the driver that was there and then downloaded the drivers from the HP website and installed them without the HP installer.  It seems the HP installer did not do the job correctly the first several times. Anyway, I had tried the troubleshooter, but it didn't help at all. Thanks again for your response.

HP Recommended

I had exactly the same problem and followed many suggestions I found on this HP help sites.  And as Gemini02 suggested, HP psdr was used to 'check/fix' with all those items checked OK.  Then, TEST PRINT did not work.  No printing!

In another attempt, I tried to install, following HP's suggestion,  Full Feature Software, 1102W Firmware, e-print an HP psdr.  Only the e-print and HP psdr were successfully installed.  

With Full Feature Software, the message I got was " Cannot delte output file".  With 1102W Firmware, the message was "canot find Laserjet P1100 printers installed."

Please help!

HP Recommended

Worked great for me first time. Many thanks. John

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.