Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (3,806 Views)

hp officejet 4300 series device cartridge error

hi i am using hp officejet 4355 all in one printer . this is showing cartridge error when ever i  turn on the printer. i tried cahnging the cartridges and replaceing them but these have come to no use. the device shows a message as "refer to device documentation to troubleshoot". i don't understand what to do with this now. can u just help me what is to be done to get my device work.

0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Message 2 of 4 (3,791 Views)

Re: hp officejet 4300 series device cartridge error

Hey gsd84,

Did this error recently begin?  Did you change cartridges in the printer recently?

Have you tried performing an Ink System Reset to this printer?  Click here for the information about the Ink System Reset.

As well, it is possible that the ink cartridges have developed a problem in this printer.  Do you have another set of cartridges that are known good or new to test in the product?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (3,775 Views)

hi thanks for responding to my post. as for the problem i have not changed the cartidges but have filled teh ink and tried to place them. but could not find any difference. i want to know whether i have to get new cartridges to solve my problem now or to do any other changes to the device.

Regents Professor
Message 4 of 4 (3,772 Views)

It sounds like the cartridge that you have been refilling has developed a problem, most likely in the electrical contact.  The next step in troubleshooting this problem is going to be to replace the problem cartridge.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation