Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Is there a way to scan multiple pages and have them end up in a single document? I run Windows XP and am using the Officejet 4500 G510g-m all-in-one unit.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Scanning multiple pages to a singe file is possible while using the PDF or Tiff file formats.

1. Place the original documents on the Automatic Document Feeder.
  2. Launch the scan from the HP Solution Center
  3. Click Change Settings.
  4. Select the desire Scan Shortcut, then click Save to file save options
  5. Make sure Create One File per scanned page... is Unchecked, Approve and perform the Scan.

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi,

Scanning multiple pages to a singe file is possible while using the PDF or Tiff file formats.

1. Place the original documents on the Automatic Document Feeder.
  2. Launch the scan from the HP Solution Center
  3. Click Change Settings.
  4. Select the desire Scan Shortcut, then click Save to file save options
  5. Make sure Create One File per scanned page... is Unchecked, Approve and perform the Scan.

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I have a Office Jet J4580, and when I follow the suggested steps I do not have an option to "unclick" the save single page as p file.  When I run multiple pages through the scanner it will take all of them, but will scan and save only the first page.

HP Recommended

Click Start in the bottom left corner of the screen and type:  HP Solutions

This is the HP scan utility.  Open it.  You will have a number of scan options.  You can scan several pages into one and you can have the output as a pdf.  The scan options do not appear to be available if you scan directed from the scanner--that is, pushing buttons on the scanner.

HP Recommended

How do I do the scanning?

HP Recommended
@ Maroulis - is this the OJ 4500 g510 Printer? Pages 35-36 of the user manual covers how to scan with this model of printer. It will address scanning an original from the product's control panel. I hope that this helps.
I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
HP Recommended

I don't have a problem scanning, but when I have duplex pages there is no way to re-order the pages when I scan the 2nd side of the pages.  The only way I've found to scan them in order is to hand feed them, which takes so much time and energy it is a problem.  I need to scan my catalog (printed in duplex) into a .pdf file and its 153 pages - not an even number no less.  Is there a way to reorder the pages once scanned as even then odd pages?  I hate to resort to babysitting the machine if there is a way to do this.

HP Recommended

These options are not available. When starting a scan, the profile is set to default of choice. On this screen is Profile;Source;Paper size; Color format; File type; Resolution;Brightness;Contrast....no other Settings choices.

"Preview or scan images as separate file" is unchecked. I have found no other way to get all file images together.

Please help!

HP Recommended

I do not have the single page save issue however we can not get all the pages together at all.

HP Recommended

I found a way to manually scan duplexed pages on Hp 4500 printer

You have to install third party software like Abbyy Fine reader 9.0 and use "scan to PDF" option at the prompt and then choose "advanced settings" above the Preview button on the right side. It says "hide the printer dialog box and pause between pages for 10 seconds". You cand change this time between pages to 3 seconds and manually feed the pages on the glass.

Cheers. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.