Note on archived topics.
05-08-2013 01:15 PM - last edited on 02-23-2017 06:16 PM by OscarFuentes
I see you are getting a 346 error code when faxing with your HP Officejet Pro 8600 (N911) series printer. Please take a look through the document linked below.
|Error Code: 344, 345, 346, 347, 348, 349 ECM, 350 ECM, 351 ECM, 352 ECM, 353 ECM, 354, 355|
05-08-2013 01:16 PM
Can you successfully fax to another fax number? Can you receive faxes?
You can test this by sending a fax to 888-HP-FAXME It will send you a return fax after several minutes.
This error code is caused by:
- The remote machine failed to respond to a fax command from the local machine because the connection was interrupted. These errors can occur if the phone lines in the area to be faxed are old or there is noise (static on the phone line). Other reasons can include power outages and other power-related problems.
- The call-waiting service can cause this error. The click, heard for an incoming call, is actually a momentary disconnect of the line.
- The remote user pressed the Stop key while the reception was in progress.
- Under rare conditions, incompatibility between the two machines might cause the remote machine to abandon the call.
I was an HP employee.
Kudos are appreciated if I have helped you.
05-08-2013 02:04 PM
I have tried diabling the ECM. I have also set a fax to your test fax and it came back ok. Could it be the fax number to where I am sending it? I have tried 2 numbers there several times. How do I slow the transmission down? I haven't tried that yet. Could it be because I am using a Mac now? I have never had this problem before.
05-08-2013 02:08 PM
If you have sent a fax to the HPFaxMe server and received an response, then the fax system is working with the 8600. Most likely the issue is with the individual location you are attempting to fax. It could be due to line condition, line traffic, etc; thus I would advise attempting to fax this number again at a later time and try contacting the receiver to make sure nothing is going on at their end.
As to lowering fax speed on an 8600:
- From the home screen press the Right Arrow
- Select the Setup menu
- Select the Fax submenu
- Scroll down and select Advanced Fax Setup
- Scroll down to Fax Speed and set the speed to Slow (9600)