Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

operating system is windows 7 printer is model hp cm1312nfi all in one. System used to work fine then

I recently received this message HP toolbox fx encountered an error and cannot recover.

Restart PC or restart hptoolboxfx.

I don't know how to restart toolbox and restarting the PC did not help still the same error message.

I uninstalled the toolbox and uninstalled the printer software and reloaded the printer software by way of the  Hp website.

I looked for the toolbox in search in the computer under HP/hp printer cm1312nfi and couldn't find the toolbox. so I went to the HP website and found a program that I could download that talked about the Toolbox However that did not help.\

I am pretty sure the toolbox issue has something to  do with some windows update that occured recently because at one point before I uninstalled the original toolbox I did a system restore and the toolbox did work but then a windows update occured and then the problem reappeared.

The printer works OK now but I would sure like to get the toolbox back and working.

Any ideas.

Thanks servoking

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello servoking,

Please see the following thread regarding your issue:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-LaserJet/Toolbox-FX-for-windows-7/td-p/1147334

In summary of that thread, toolboxfx is not supported on Windows 7 at all while using a usb connection, but if connected via LAN (ethernet cable), then it may be possible by using HP Easy Printer Care.

Hope this information helps!

🙂 If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I was able to fix the toolbox problem.

Thanks

for you concern.

JIm

HP Recommended

Jim, could you briefly relate how you fixed the toolbar problem? Thanks!

Ernst

HP Recommended

I found the correct solution here.  It worked for me and I now have the Toolbox working on Windows 8.1 64 bit

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/hp-toolboxfx-has-encount...

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

hp toolbox cannot be fixed

HP Recommended

@servoking wrote:

operating system is windows 7 printer is model hp cm1312nfi all in one. System used to work fine then

I recently received this message HP toolbox fx encountered an error and cannot recover.

Restart PC or restart hptoolboxfx.

I don't know how to restart toolbox and restarting the PC did not help still the same error message.

I uninstalled the toolbox and uninstalled the printer software and reloaded the printer software by way of the  Hp website.

I looked for the toolbox in search in the computer under HP/hp printer cm1312nfi and couldn't find the toolbox. so I went to the HP website and found a program that I could download that talked about the Toolbox However that did not help.\

I am pretty sure the toolbox issue has something to  do with some windows update that occured recently because at one point before I uninstalled the original toolbox I did a system restore and the toolbox did work but then a windows update occured and then the problem reappeared.

The printer works OK now but I would sure like to get the toolbox back and working.

Any ideas.

Thanks servoking

HP Recommended

I am sorry, but to get your issue more exposure I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums since this is a commercial printer. You can do this at Printers - LaserJet.
Click on New Post.

I hope this helps.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Go to C:\program data \Hewlett Packard\toolboxfx\settings.

Delete all the info in the settings folder.

This should fix it.

Jim

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.