Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Maybe that  worked at one time, but not now.

XP is no longer supported, so now what do you do?

HP Recommended

Michelle,

Did you ever get the issue with your missing marketresearch.msi file resolved?  I just had the same problem and now have a fix if you need it.

Trish

HP Recommended

@Bob_Laredo wrote:

OK. I finally solved it. I came back to post to help others out. Note, this worked for XP, and the printer is working fine with no more messages. However, the scanner won't work. I never could get that working.

Go here to download Microsoft Utlity: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2438651/

Download it and then run it. Select automatic and the install problems choices. After it runs, it will ask you to select a program. Select Market Research. As it uninstalls the program, another window may prompt you about another HP shortcut. Ignore it, do not browse to search for it. Then it will say the shortcut no longer works. Choose to delete it.

It will then finish up after another few minutes. Reboot, and your programs will print just fine without any more error messages.

Bob Laredo, that fixed it!  Thanks!

HP Recommended

Yes. It is a total shame!! I hate HP . I am having the same issue! I hate!!!

HP Recommended

Cada vez que entro no computador aparece uma mensagem dizendo que o sistema precisa instalar o  "marketresearch.msi file missing". Como me livro disso??????

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.