Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 4500 Wireless
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have installed a new router, a NETGEAR AC1750 Model R6400. The two computers one ACER laptop and an eMachine 64 bit desktop, approximately 5 years old, two cellphones, 2 TVs/Direct TV, one tablet ALL have connectd without a glitch. PROBLEM:  We cannot connect either HP wireless printers. the second printer is an HP Deskjet 2549 All-in-one Series.

NEED HELP PLEASE.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@mptw

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand the new router, NETGEAR AC1750 R6499, can't connect HP wireless printers,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you attempt to start the wireless setup back from square one?

Do you get any error messages during setup? If yes, what is it?

While you respond to that, here's a few things you could do:

Gather wireless network items, connect to your wireless network, and then install the print driver and software.

Step 1: Prepare for installation

Before setting up the printer on your wireless network, gather the network name and password, and turn on your router, printer, and computer.

1. Gather the following items:

• Network name: The network name is the SSID.

• Security passphrase (WEP key or WPA)

• A computer that is connected to the wireless network

• Internet access (recommended): HP recommends broadband Internet access such as cable or DSL.

NOTE:

Internet access is not required for you to install your printer with a wireless connection. However, you do need Internet access to use Web Services, get printer updates, and to download drivers from the HP website.

• Your wireless-capable printer: Place it close to the computer during the installation procedure.

2. Make sure the printer, router, and computer are all turned on, and that the computer is connected to the same wireless network you want to connect the printer to.

3. Disconnect the USB cable if it is connected to the printer.

4. Optional: If you previously installed the software for a USB connection and now want to change to a wireless network connection, remove the USB installation before you continue.

1. Search Windows for your printer model name, then click the printer name in the list of results.

The printer software opens.

2. Click Utilities, then click Printer Setup & Software Selection.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

Make sure you install the relevant drivers for both your printer using the Official HP Website: Click here

Keep me posted 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.