Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
officejet pro 8620
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

During printer initialization, after I inserted the ink cartridges, I get the error: " X-Problem with ink system"... I followed the directions:  "Lift the latch on the print carriage, reseat the print head and then remove cartridges and inspect for leaks. Do not use leaky cartridges. If cartridges are OK , Re-install them. After re-installing, turn off printer and then turn it on again." 

Well it won't let me turn off the printer... I get another message: "Printer initialization and calibration in progress. Do not turn off printer or disconnect power during this process."

I have repeated this process about 6 or 7 times with the same result.

I am using the "Setup cartridges" it calls for.

Please help!?

Thanks in Advance...!!

Johnny

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @JohnnyLee,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand that you are getting the error, problem with ink system on your HP Officejet pro 8620. I am sorry to hear this, but happy to help!

I recommend, to go through this guide, HP Printers - 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a '....

If the guide does not help, please call our phone support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Country-language selector.

Best of luck! :generic:

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @JohnnyLee,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand that you are getting the error, problem with ink system on your HP Officejet pro 8620. I am sorry to hear this, but happy to help!

I recommend, to go through this guide, HP Printers - 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a '....

If the guide does not help, please call our phone support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Country-language selector.

Best of luck! :generic:

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

I finally gave up, and called the 800 number. Stacey helped me and resolved the problem. She was very nice, courteous and very helpful!  

Thanks Stacey!

HP Recommended

What did Stacey tell you to do? I've got the exact problem and it's Sunday, Bank Holiday tomorrow too!

The screen says 'turn the printer off' when you do that it says 'initialsiation in progress, do not turn off' or words to that effect! Genius, who writes these programs?

I've tried several times, reseating the print head, removing the cartridges and nothing happens.

TIA

HP Recommended

Hi Dougies,

If the steps in the guide I had posted did not resolve your issue, please contact HP, phone support for further assistance. (After you fill out the information, you will be given a phone number.) If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Country-language selector.

Best regards! :generic:

“Please click the Thumbs up icon below to thank me for responding.”

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thanks RnRMusicMan, I'd tried your guide and it didn't resolve it, I tried the tel no. in the link (I'm in the UK) and as it's a weekend/Bank Holiday, they're closed!

I expect to have to wait until tomorrow, when I can phone them, and posted up just in case.

It's extremeley frustrating to have to sit and wait until tomorrow, when I'm guessing they'll simply say, turn it off/on again or words to that effect. 

Thanks for your reply.

HP Recommended

Dougies,

She told me to go ahead and turn it off, wait 1 minute, and then re-start it. Everything just clicked after that.

It was stuck in some kind of loop.

I agree, who writes these programs? Not debugged very good!

Hope you get going soon!

BTW, I really love this printer! Best I have ever had or used!

Johnnylee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.