Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My printer is not working anymore. I have never had a problem with it until recently and have owned it since 2010. Sometimes it displays "Please resolve the error condition for the device and try again." on my macbook pro or it displays "There is a problem with the printer. Refer to printer documentation. Press OK on the printer to continue." in the print status but the printer says nothing/doesn't respond at all. Sometimes the printer also says "Ink System Failure 0xc19a0007. Please turn printer Off and then On." Which I do and it either says the same message or doesn't respond. I have tried everything! I reset the printer, cleaned the printhead using coffee filters no lint no fingerprints, reset the printer again, installed new ink cartridges. I use it on the wireless connection and have also tried with it connected to the USB, no difference. I have also removed the printers from my system preferences and re-added them, doesn't help.

How can I fix it? Please help!

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

This article should help resolve the error you are getting:
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03081973

Give the steps a try and let us know if it helps.

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
HP Recommended

I have already done all those steps prior to posting this several times and no luck...but thanks 

Any other advice?

HP Recommended

I lso just redid everything step by step as listed once again and no luck...

😞

HP Recommended

I have the B210 and have same error signal.. I have used this machine only a few times and just a few months ago went and got HP ink for it because what it came with just ran out.. thats how little I use this machine.. so when I got the error I called the number was was told by someone whom I could barely understand that it was my lucky day that he would take care of all of my problems for $99. which meant selling me another piece of crap HP... I told him to let me talk to a supervisor and he tried several times to tell me I would have to call back but I made him transfer me to a  ''supervisor'' and Mr Sharad informed me because I didnt use the machine that much that it was my fault it broke and its out of warranty and I would have to buy another... Never ever will I deal with HP again!!!!! Piece of crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HP Recommended

Have you tried resetting the printer and removing the ink cartridges?

• Disconnect the Universal Serial Bus (USB) cable from the back of the product, but leave the product turned on.
  • Open the cover of the product and remove the print cartridges.
  • Close the cover and wait for the Insert Ink Cartridges message to display.
  • Disconnect the power cord from the back of the product and the wall socket, then wait for one minute.
  • Reconnect the power cord. If the product does not turn on, press the Power button.
  • Open the cover and reinsert the print cartridges.
  • Close the cover. If prompted, print a calibration page.
  • Print a Self Test to verify product is functional.
  • Reconnect the USB cable, and try to print from the computer.

Thanks

Sean

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I tried unhooking from unit and wall. and i also removed the ink cartridge holder and cleaned it off and notice that it was covered in ink.. so I put it back and still got same message... i will try what you suggested but with the black ink all over the cartridge i believe there is something wrong with the HP unit itself and they are not gonna do anything to make this right.. I have to just walk away for awhile.. i got so upset that i lost so much money.. but  i will try your suggestion and let you know... but Im not holding my breath.. espeically when ''customer service'' told me that it was broke and nothing can be done to fix it but to buy a brand new one from them. haha.. When pigs fly

HP Recommended

I get a message display on my printer screen that says ink system failure, Please turn off printer and then on. I have cleaned the printhead etc etc but the same msg comes up time after time. Is there a cure or do we need to buy a new printer?

HP Recommended

I have the same message on my printer too.  We've used this printer almost daily for over 3 years with nary a problem then one day, we get an "0xc19a0022" error message on teh printer with a corresponding "Ink System Failure - The ink systems has failed & can no longer print.  Please refer to printe rdocumentation." error message on my computer's screen.

Everything on your happy little list, I have done with the same result of nothing!!!  Why can you techs not admit that the company you work for has made these printers to be a pile of crap and to be disposable??!!

HP Recommended

@MadHPUser wrote:

I have the same message on my printer too.  We've used this printer almost daily for over 3 years with nary a problem then one day, we get an "0xc19a0022" error message on teh printer with a corresponding "Ink System Failure - The ink systems has failed & can no longer print.  Please refer to printe rdocumentation." error message on my computer's screen.

Everything on your happy little list, I have done with the same result of nothing!!!  Why can you techs not admit that the company you work for has made these printers to be a pile of crap and to be disposable??!!

It sounds to me like the printhead has failed and it's non-recoverable. One option is to purchase a new printhead at the HP Part Store..

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwhowtobuy.html 

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.