Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
all in one 3630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi There

I have tried all ways to make my default colour black.

By placing the dot in black instead of colour, works on next document, but next time is back to colour.

I have tried also>> file/print/preferences/paper quality/black & white/advanced/black ink only but next document is back to colour ??

Any advice please

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

The following can be used to change the printing preferences defaults in Windows 10:  click Start, type Devices and Printers, click on the Devices and Printers icon.  In the Printers folder right click on the Deskjet 3630, select Printing Preferences.  Select the options you want as default, Apply, OK.

This will change the defaults.  Note that some programs may keep their own defaults, you may need to change them separately.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Bob

That did not work for me, I did not need to do start/type devices and printer, but got to same place, see my attachment of screenshot and tell me where I go from there please.

Ah! can we not attach on this site??

HP Recommended

Hi,

By changing the preferences from teh File menu of the app used to print only the next print job will be affected.

To change the default for your system follow these steps:

1. Close the program you're printing from.
  2. Right click the start button and select Control Panel.
  3. Open Devices and Printers.
  4. Right click the HP printer icon and select Printing Preferences.
  5. Change the settings and confirm.

Now open teh program and try printing, it should change as the default selected from the control panel.

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

When I reach Printer Preferences, there is NO settings option  as you say

HP Recommended

Hello ?

Any further answers please

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.