Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Printer prints 2 copies of everything.  When I set up the job, I select 1 copy but it still prints 2 copies.

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hi, if you are using Windows then go to the.....

Control Panel -> Devices and Printers (Win7) or Printers and Faxes (XP)

Right click your HP printer icon -> Printer Properties -> Ports -> uncheck 'enable bidirectional support'. -> APPLY

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

Thanks for getting back to me.  I have a MacBook Pro.  

HP Recommended

I'd like to help you but I need a lot more information:

1. What kind of printer do you have?  
  2. What version of Mac OS is on the MacBook Pro?  
  3. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the printer?
  4. Have you tried printing from another computer to this printer? If so, does it do it every time?
  5. On the Mac, does this happen every time or just from one particular program?

Answer those questions for me please and I will be see where on your computer to make changes.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
HP Recommended

I have just started having this problem, so though IrishEyes2 did not answer your list of questions, I will!

1. Photosmart D7500 series

2. Running 10.8.5 on MacBookPro9,1 (mid-2012)

3. Have not uninstalled and reinstalled yet, see #4

4. This recently started occuring on BOTH my MBP and my wife's MBP (same vintage, running 10.8.4). Does it all the time in Word, Safari, TurboTax, Preview. (Haven't tested others yet.) Unlikely to be a software issue since it started happening on two machines at about the same time.

5. See #4

Can HP Firmware get corrupted and cause this? I checked around for a FW update, couldn't find one.

Is there a way to do a hard reset on this printer model?

Thanks for any help,

John

HP Recommended

I found another thread with the exact same issue, but with a different printer. The "Provost" said to try Resetting the Print System, and re-adding the printer.This worked for the Original Poster.

I have done this and will re-post after a few days to see if it is working properly. Still can't see how my wife's and my MBPs would start exhibiting the problem around the same time, especially if this fix works!

Also, one more piece of info: the HP D7500 printer is the only printer exhibiting the problem -- we also have a Canon portable and an HP AIO (Photosmart Premium C410 series) which are working properly.

John

HP Recommended

I also have a macbook pro and an HP 8600 printer.  When I print I get 2 copies of everything.  I touch print once only and do not find any settings for this.  Help

HP Recommended

Hi Folks,

I would like to help with the issue you are experiencing. I suggest resetting the printing system and then repairing disk permissions. Once the permissions have been repaired you can then restart the computer and then re-add the printer(s).

Reset the printing system in the Mac OS

1. Click the Apple icon (  ), and then click   System Preferences.
  2. In the Hardware section, click Print & Fax. The Print & Fax  dialog box opens.
  3. Right-click (or  Ctrl  +click) in the left panel, and then click Reset printing system…
  4. Click   OK  to confirm the reset.
  5. Type the correct Name  and   Password.
  6. Click   OK  to reset the printing system. The Print & Fax dialog box shows no printer selected.

Repair disk permissions

If file ownership and permissions are changed by applications or program installers, your computer might not function correctly. Perform the following steps to fix these permissions problems.
  1. On the Dock, click Applications  , and then click Utilities.
  2. Double-click Disk Utility.
  3. Highlight your hard drive/partition on the left (by default this is "Macintosh HD").
  4. Click the Repair Disk Permissions  button at the bottom of the window.
Hope this helps, please let me know.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Thank you very much.  I never would have figured that out myself and it worked like a charm!!

HP Recommended

My HP Printer is officejet pro 8600

I I order 1 copy printer , it is printing always 2 copies  Why and How to fix?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.