Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
th42c570up
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

printer will not print from the desktop or online stuff.  Message is Paper Mismatch. 

I have changed paper three times, different brand each time. 

tried to run the HP print and scan doctor didn't help, put in new ink cartridges.  Nothing helps.

It does print very well when using the copy mode

can anyone tell me what might be the problem

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello, @songbyrd14 – Hope you are well 🙂

Allow me to welcome to HP Support Forums! It is a great platform to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!

I understand that you are having trouble while printing from the PC, but copies fine. This suggests that the issue is with the printer drivers. I’d suggest you reinstall the drivers and check. To give you specific steps, I need to know the correct printer model number / name of your printer. If unsure, please check: http://hp.care/2oPCMBG

Alternatively, try the steps below:

• Unplug the USB cable from the printer and computer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Now click on http://hp.care/2oFOQnv and enter the printer model number to download and install the printer drivers.
  • Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.

Those steps should do the trick, let me know the outcome!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I did all that.  Uninstall reinstall etc. and it still comes up  "paper mismatch"  Do I need a new printer?

HP Recommended

Hello, @songbyrd14

As mentioned in my above post, please let me know the printer model number that you are using so that I can help you better.

Thank you!I'll watch for your reply!

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

my printer is a HP photosmart 6520 model # TH42C570UP

HP Recommended

Hello, @songbyrd14

To assist you with this issue, I need to know whether the printer can make a "Photocopy" or not.

Place a document face down on the scanner glass and press the copy option on the printer control panel. Let me know if it makes a good copy or not.

If the copy comes out fine, then the printer hardware is fine and the issue is with the printer drivers.

·         First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.

·         Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Photosmart printer entries and uninstall them.

·         Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.

·         Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.

·         Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.

·         Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

·         Restart your computer.

·         Now click http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL43742/mp-108722-3/PS6520_1315-1.exe to install the software.

·         Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

If the copy itself is not working, then try a power drain on the printer as suggested below:

·         With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

·         Remove USB cable, if present.

·         Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

·         Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

·         Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

​​​​​​​

Those steps should do the trick, let me know the outcome!

Good luck 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

it prints in the COPY mode.  I CAN make copies and they are Fine.

I followed your instructions until I got to the  "  Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.""  It came up with 3 different ones.

Amyuni Document converter 400   -X64 -Type 3 user mode.  Selected remove came up with remove drivers only or remove driver and driver package.  I tried both and get  "unable to remove the specified printer is currently in use.  the following driver control cannot be deleted it is used on quicken pdf printer

Microsoft XPS document writer - x64 - type 3 user mode.  again it says unable to remove.  mode driver.  tje specified printer drive is currently in use.

Sent to Microsoft oneNote2010 driver - x64 - type 3 - user mode.  cannot be removed is used on : Send to OneNote 2010

so Now what  do I do????

HP Recommended

@songbyrd14

Thanks for the reply.

Superb job on trying the different steps to isolate the issue.

I understand the situation better now.

Click here and follow the steps mentioned in the document to fix the issue.

Let me know how it works.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried your suggestion to "click here" when I do I get an error 404.  now what

HP Recommended

when I did get through your click here, it is talking about proper sizing envelopes or paper etc.  that is not my problem

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.