Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

replaced printhead, prints very very slow and will not fax. now i get a message that it is not connected

to computer. tried to turn on and off and followed steps of disconnecting it and turning it back on. went to setup and i get the message that it is not connected to computer. was not getting this message before.

Had sent an email before but did not get a response. At that time i could not print so i got a new printhead.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@meolvera,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

I understand that you are unable to connect the printer to the computer.

In order to assist you better, please let us know the model number of the unit and the operating system installed on the computer from the links below: 

1. Finding Your HP Product Model Number

2. Windows Operating System or Mac Operating System 

Also, let us know how you are trying to connect the printer to the computer (USB, wired or wireless).

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

i have a hp officejet 6500 e709a printer. It is connected bu i get a message that printer is not connected to the computer. I do not understand because i can print, but even the hp solution center has an alert that printer is not connected. It prints very, very slow ever since i replaced the printhead. Now i can not even fax. Thank you for your response. God bless you.

HP Recommended

@meolvera,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing slow printing and fax issues with your HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer.

This issue could occur if the drivers are not installed properly.

Please follow the links below based on the operating system installed on your computer: 

1. Slow Printing (Windows)

2. Slow Printing (Mac)

Let me know if this works.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Followed step 2, to go to printers and devices, clicked on the printer to set preferences and did not find set preferences.

It prints, but still cannot fax.

HP Recommended

@meolvera,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue still persists after following the steps provided in the previous interaction.

For the fax issue, you may follow the link to setup the fax: Setting Up the All-in-One to Send and Receive Faxes (Parallel Telephone Systems)

Please follow the link to test the Fax service: Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service

Let me know if this works.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

The steps tell me to connect the phone line to the wall outlet. My provider, Spectrum, told me that the phone line

has to be plugged in to the modem and not to the wall. I have had it like that for close to a year, because I used to

have AT&T and I had it to the wall outlet with them. When we changed providers, that is when Spectrum told me 

to connect it to the modem. 

HP Recommended

@meolvera

It looks like you were interacting with @Rainbow23, but he's out for the day 

And I'll be glad to help you out.

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

And I would recommend you follow the steps as advised by the last tech only to determine if the printer is working,

You may, later on, change the settings as per your preferences, once we've established that the printer works.

Please complete the steps as suggested and let me know if you need any further assistance,

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.