Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
officejet pro 8730
macOS 10.12 Sierra

hi, my Officejet Pro 8730 has been scanning to email ok since setup many months ago. Recently, out of the blue, it would not scan to email. Front panel message says "Username or passwor is incorrect. Make sure both user account and password are valid".

No changes to printer have been made at all.  The wifi router at home may have been rebooted the odd time, thats all.

Can anyone help please?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello, @olliie – Hope you are well 🙂

Thanks for engaging in the HP Forums! I see by your post that you are having issues while setting up scan to email feature on your Officejet printer. I will certainly do my best to help you fix this issue!

I would suggest you setup the email profile via printer EWS page as suggested below. Try the steps below:

• Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to obtain the IP address.
  • Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
  • From the EWS, click the Scan tab.
  • Click Scan to Email Setup.
  • Click Outgoing Email Profile, click New, and then enter the email address you intend to use with this profile.
  • Enter a display name that will appear on the printer's control panel to identify this email profile.
  • Enter or confirm the correct SMTP server and SMTP port information.
  • If you typically have to enter a username and password to log into your email account, you will want to enter this information into the email authentication fields, and then click Next.
  • Enter a security PIN to restrict access to this email profile, if desired.
  • Set the size for email files and specify Auto CC, if desired.
  • Click Save or Save and test to complete the profile.

Check http://hp.care/2dNX9WS for detailed instructions.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.