Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

how can I use my deskjet 1050 for multi page scanning and convert pdf to Word?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Sunshyne 2005,

Thanks for all your help but I have given up trying to find a solution which I believe does not exist. 

I tried the PDFzilla programme but I was then inundated by about ten additional unwanted and obtrusive programmes, some of which I found difficult to remove and then resorted to a system restore to get rid of them.  Thank you for all your help and I am grateful to you.

Kind regards  Waltzer22

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi Waltzer22,

When you select save as PDF you are given the option to save all pages to a single file. To scan I suggest using HP Scan.

When you have completed your scan and are ready to convert from PDF to word, use on of the 3 methods suggested on wikiHow. > How to Convert a PDF to a Word Document.

If you have any difficulty preforming the scan task, feel free to post back with your operating system and which version, I would be happy to provide you with detailed instructions.

I hope this helps.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hello sunshyn2005

Thanks for your reply.  I have had difficulty with the first two suggestions firstly  because of associated and unwanted apps, and because of the Adobe cost; secondly because my file size is too big for online conversion.  The third suggestion is for Mac.

I have struggled over the past two weeks trying  to convert a lengthy pdf doc to word, without any success.  I seem to have tried everthing!  If you can help I would appreciate it.

The document in question is a legal type of document with normal text with miniaturised text in side margins.  I want to scan the document with the side margins omitted, into Word.

I use a desktop pc with Windows 7 and am quite familiar with Office 2010 and word processing systems including word Excel PDF etc etc.  If you need any more information please ask. 

Regards

Waltzer22

HP Recommended

Hi Waltzer22,

I have checked the settings in the Printer Assistant and found an option you should have available to allow you to scan and save as Rich Text (.rtf) or Text (.txt) format. Foolow the instructions below and let me know if this works for you.

1. Open Printer assistant by clicking on the printer icon on your desktop or open HP Scan (If you can open HP Scan skip to step 3 now.)
  2. Double click on Scan a Document or Photo
  3. Choose Everyday Scan
  4. Select your File Type preference

word scanning.JPG

You can also create a new short cut and name it so that you can initiate the scan from the front panel of the printer with this newly added shortcut.

I hope this helps. Please consider marking this post as "Accept as Solution" if this does resolve the issue. Thanks. Happy New Year.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

HI Sunshyn2005 and thanks for the information. 

Unfortunately, following the procedure you suggest,  I am unable to access rich text or even text.  The only choices I have are Bitmap, JPEG, PNG, TIFF AMD PDF.

Regards

waltzer22

HP Recommended

Hi Waltzer22,

I would suggest to save as a TIFF, then open the TIFF file in its default program and choose to save the open file as another file format. The alternate option is to save as TIFF and use a File Conversion Online Service or Software Program to convert the TIFF file to another file format.

The first option involving opening the TIFF file in its native program is preferable because it's both easier and will probably result in a more accurate file conversion. Of course if you don't have a program that opens TIFF files, a third-party file conversion tool (the second option) could be very useful.

I know we discussed conversion programs early and it was not a suitable option but I did find PDFZilla, it is a suite of tools intended for various operations involving PDF documents. It can solve problems related to converting from PDF to other popular formats or vice versa. In addition, it allows other basic editing procedures, such as merging various documents, extracting a segment from a large file and rotating PDF pages. If interested in learning more or downloading PDFZilla, Click here .

Please let me know if this solution resolves the issue, thanks.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi Sunshyne 2005,

Thanks for all your help but I have given up trying to find a solution which I believe does not exist. 

I tried the PDFzilla programme but I was then inundated by about ten additional unwanted and obtrusive programmes, some of which I found difficult to remove and then resorted to a system restore to get rid of them.  Thank you for all your help and I am grateful to you.

Kind regards  Waltzer22

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.