Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@TonyAZ623 having got my 8600 Plus working with a July firmware upgrade, I checked out availble firmware for other models - there is a firmware upgrade listed for the 8630 from 25 March 2015 - assume you've already tried that and found it doesn't work?

Download

HP Recommended

of course, most likely, most people who have this issue do not have an 8600 Plus, in fact may not even have an 8600.  I have an 8500 and I am not going to be holding my breath any time soon, lol

HP Recommended
Actually, I do not think I have the Plus model. My 8600 is the original network model, maybe 3 years old. None the less, the update installed correctly.
HP Recommended
Jdownward, can you do a print settings and see what your model is? I'm curious.
HP Recommended

My 8600 is a Pro Plus with the second paper tray which essentially makes it a Pro Plus Premium.  I installed the firmware upgrade and using the earlier advice of using an IP address, it works fine.

HP Recommended

I have a HP Officejet Pro 8600 N911n.  It was purchased 12/2012.

HP Recommended
I have two HP printers unfortunately. One in my study and one in my wife's. I had always thought they where the same model but just found out they are slightly different. Mine is a HP Officejet Pro 8600 N911g and my wife's is a P Officejet Pro 8600 N911a.

Ok so I downlaoded the firmware for mine ( n911g) and it worked first time was able to set up scanning to my computer for the first time in years. I was so happy. I then made the mistake of telling my wife that she would also get hers working, sadly mistaken. This is when I found out that the printers where different. So I downloaded Her firmware update and applied it and then spent the next 4 hours thinking o was doing something wrong.

It simply looks like the firmware update won't work. Yes and I have checked it and downloaded it a few times. I have restarted everything, printer, computer etc. when I check the firmware on the printer it does not match the firmware on the HP web site. When I try and update the firmware it says it can't find a suitable printer to update. And won't allow me to go any further.

The only thing I can think is the firmware is broken or the wrong link is on the HP website.

Of course I may be doing. Something wrong as well.

Any help would be great, especially in making my wife happy otherwise I might just have to swap printers with Her to keep the house happy.

Rick.
P.s. Sorry for the diatribe.
HP Recommended
Did you use the same installer on her system that you downloaded and used on your system?
HP Recommended

@jdownward wrote:

Here is the link

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Officejet-Pro-8600-Plus-e-All-in-One-Printer-seri...

Click on the Firmware + to expand the firmware window and click on Download to get the file.

OR you could just tell the printer to update itself..

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02919168

HP Recommended

I just ran the firmware update procedure..  Tried scanning to a folder on my Mac.. and..

IT WORKED!!

Well, at least until El Capitan comes out and screws it up again.. 😄

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.