Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am also really annoyed about this as it wastes loads of ink paper and time. If it printes on special paper it costs even more.

I cant see why its necessary every time you change a cartridge or turn on the pc ( if you stopped the process last time) I always stop the process because I dont want it and am not prepared to do it as I never used coloured ink and have stopped buying it now as its wasted on the alignment page surely there is a way to stop this!!!

@alice1976 wrote:

How can I stop printing alignment page to waste my ink and paper - hp deskjet 3630?

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

You have been asked several times how to get the printer to stop printing the alignment page.  Why do you answer by suggesting that the user print the alignment page?  We don't want to be offered the option of aligning the cartridges automatically, we don't want to print an alignment page.  Can you please answer the question. Thanks

HP Recommended

Sorry that's how the printer works.  You print the alignment page and fully go through the procedure until completion and then it will stop.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem and it's really annoying. the ink is way too expensive to waste. every time you unplug the printer, or turn it off, you have to reprint an alignment page. doing it manually is still a waste!

HP Recommended

You only have to do it once.  Complete the exercise fully and then you will not have to repeat it until you change a

cartridge.  You can turn the printer off without needing to re-align the cartridges.

HP Recommended

This is not true. If i turn off my printer and turn it back on, it won't print anything until i let it run the printing alignment. I have ran the printing alingment manually over 15 times and have let the printer force me to let it run over 50 times.

So there is no confusion about what i am saying ............ i have to let the printing alignment run EVERY TIME i turn on my printer or it will NOT let me print anything. 

More HP unfair business practices. Just like the whacky nonsense that printers use the COLOR CARTRIGE to print black by using multiple colors to create black. My color cartrige would always run out of ink even though all i ever printed was black text pages received through a fax. Bought over 15 tri-color cartriges but i have never print a single word in color. Fax machine only receives black and white.

Thanks,

John

HP Recommended

Alignment>  I don't work for HP and I know no more about how it works than you do but you must be doing something different to make this happen since there are no other comments like yours.  The setting must be stored within the printer since it operates as a stand-alone device so: When you have finished using it do you just cut the power or use the OFF button first.  I have a theory that using he OFF button gives it a chance to save its settings.

Faxes use colour>  How do the faxes get to the printer?  I suspect that they are arriving as grey scales and not pure black so the printer uses the colour cartidge to try and get the colour right.

I have no idea whether either of my suggestions are right.  They are just ideas of mine based on logical analysis of the problem but no knowledge.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.