Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp deskjet f4440
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

getting flashing light on power and problem light when pressing the scan button. serial no. cn94b220w7 tried help doctor  it said i needed to down load a large file,also said it would be better to get the cd disk

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@c-money791

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Running the HP Print and Scan Doctor app is really the best way to diagnose connection problems and you will have to download that to get the latest version (i.e., v5.0) and run it. There's really no way around that.

Also, once that runs, it might also require that you download additional diagnostic routines..

And finally, if it determines you need new drivers, it will ask to download the latest printer drivers, as well.

If you don't download and run these, you won't be able to diagnose and fix the problems

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

is there any way you could get hp to send the cd disk, because of the size of the down load and the time the doctor said it would take

HP Recommended

@c-money791

Sorry, I don't think so -- but you would have to contact HP Customer Support directly to see if they will offer that service.

However, if you can get access to a PC in a public place (e.g., library), then you could use this link to the thread to download the HP Print and Scan Doctor to that PC, copy it to a USB stick, and then run it on your PC:  http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL50849/mp-145514-3/HPPSdr.exe

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.