Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hello @Redkoolaid,

I see you are unable to print in black ink on your HP Photosmart 6510, you have exhausted the troubleshooting recommendations with no success.

I have sent you a Private message, please check your inbox.

Thanks,  

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

@Redkoolaid,

Good luck finding a fix to this issue. Scroll the pages on this thread and others. There is no fix. You might get a gift card for your troubles. For your important documents, consider buying a new printer or go to Kinko's like I had to!

HP Recommended

Can someone please provide an update on these issues, or the proposed resolution? Since November, I have repeatedly received the same message from Jeff Christopher, of HP Executive Customer Relations:

"We apologize for the delay in your gift card offer. My Hewlett-Packard colleagues have informed me that there will be a delay in processing the gift card. I will inform you as soon as it becomes available"

Has anyone confirmed that HP has provided any sort of relief or assistance?

HP Recommended

No I gave up, HP won't help, Jeff continues to make promises but nothing happens.....

HP Recommended
HevnLgh, your private message had no substance and there has been no followup. You must find it terribly embarrassing to work for a company that cares so little about the quality of its products and even less about its customers. I hope you and the mysterious Jeff wise up. Imagine if you got this kind of service in a hospital ...
HP Recommended

Did anyone get the fix for the HP 6510 not print bin black?

Thanx SB118

HP Recommended
No. And I even got a voicemail from someone at HP who said he was calling about helping me & would call again the next day----but that was 4 months ago! It's really shabby treatment!
WHY some of the posts say 'solved' I don't know! They're not.
HP Recommended
I'd bet you STILL haven't heard anything! Jeff had someone call me (a Brian, I think) who left a voicemail that he'd call the next day---that was months ago! Two steps forward, six steps back!
HP Recommended

My HP 6510 All-in-one printer will NOT print black ink!!!  This has been a reliable printer that I have had for the past 3 years and it is extremely frustrating that it will now not print in black.  I need assistance quickly as I have to print several documents for my meeting this week and I am traveling out of the US on Sunday October 23, 2016.

HP Recommended

My HP 6510 All-in-one printer will NOT print black ink!!!  This has been a reliable printer that I have had for the past 3 years and it is extremely frustrating that it will now not print in black.  I need assistance quickly as I have to print several documents for my meeting this week and I am traveling out of the US on Sunday October 23, 2016.

Is it possible to resolve this problem online??

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.