Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I noticed that if left OFF over night I would have an hour to three hours before it turned blue. Best feel I got from HP is it is a HARDWARE issue. I believe that if a software problem a fix would be out quickly, and it would not clear after being powered off for a few hours. I decided to keep the ink and toss the printer to the curb. Ink is expensive, a new printer cost $125 at BestBuy, and it uses the same ink cartridge's. Much cheaper than letting HP geeks noodle around in my printer for $80+/ hour.

HP Recommended

Thanks. Please add me to the distribution list for the fix to this issue.

HP Recommended

Same issue with my printer except the blue error message is b8a0f76a. And then it goes into the same blinking "turn power off and then on". Unplugging the power supply and waiting doesn't allow any use like some other mentions. Hopefully HP can step it up with the help here.

HP Recommended

OK.  Obviously, HP has no solution to my problem, and apparently isn't interested in replying to me.  I'm done with HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.