Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M182nw
Microsoft Windows 11

So frustrating.  We have a brand new HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M182nw.  I came back from lunch to find a fully loaded paper tray has been wasted by the printer printing four lines of gibberish.  (a couple hundred sheets)

I pulled the power cord and USB cable as directed in another post...waited 15 seconds while holding the power button but that did not do any good.  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @bobbydarnell,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing with your HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M182nw. It sounds like a frustrating situation. Here are a few additional steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue.

Check for Firmware Updates: Ensure that your printer has the latest firmware installed. Sometimes, firmware updates address issues like this.

Reset the Printer: Apart from pulling the power cord and USB cable, you can also try performing a more thorough reset. Here's how:

• Turn off the printer and disconnect the power cord from the back of the printer.
  • Wait for about a minute.
  • Reconnect the power cord and turn on the printer.

Check Print Queue: Sometimes, print jobs can get stuck in the print queue, causing unexpected printing behavior. Access the print queue on your computer and cancel any pending print jobs.

Check Printer Settings: Ensure that the printer settings, both on the printer itself and on your computer, are configured correctly. Make sure the paper size, type, and other settings match the paper loaded in the tray.

Factory Reset: If none of the above steps work, you can try performing a factory reset on the printer. Please note that a factory reset will erase all settings and return the printer to its default state. Refer to your printer's manual for instructions on how to perform a factory reset.

Hopefully, one of these steps will resolve the issue with your printer.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.