Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Its great to know that I'm not the only one who has never used their printer wireless feature.  This has been the ONLY thing that has helped me also!  I really like this printer but until today, I've never been able to get the wireless feature to work.  I'm a very happy camper!

HP Recommended

i cannot connect wirelessly 

i am running mac os 10.7.5 

i have typed in the IP address and tried the wizard 

the wizard does not recognize any wireless networks 

i have tried refreshing it - nothing

i have also tried entering it in manually but that does not work either 

any suggestions? 

i really don't want to have the printer always connnected via ethernet to print... 

HP Recommended

OK, this is a bit involved, but it does work.

A. Reset the printer to factory defaults: 

1. Verify that the printer is powered on.

2. Press and hold down the Report Page button.

3. While holding down the Report Page button, press the Cancel button three times.

4. Release the Report Page button.

B. Plug the printer into your router with an Ethernet cable.  Move the printer if you need to - this is a temporary setup.

C. Press the Reports button on the front of the printer (4th from the left).  Note the printer's IP address.

D. Type that IP address into the address bar of a web browser (not the search or Google bar).

E. Go to the Network tab and run the Wireless Setup Wizard.  Follow the directions to connect the printer wirelessly.

F. When it is connected wirelessly, remove the Ethernet cable and move the printer (if needed).

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

hey thanks for your reply - this is the same method you prescribed in earlier posts

i've tried it before and i did it once again to no avail

the wizerd still cannot seem to id any network in my home even though there are two of them 

i'm going to try and swap out my router with my other one and check the settings to make sure its discoverable - i don't think thats the issue but a double check won't hurt 

HP Recommended

Hello juicehound,

Just wondering if you still needed any help, or if swapping out your router has resolved the issue?

Thank you

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

hey - thanks for the followup 

i do still need some help i haven't been able to connect. 

i read earlier in this thread about how i need to have the ethernet cable unplugged beore connecting to wifi but the printer doesn't even recognize any of my networks so i dont know if or when that step of unplugging the ethernet cable would even apply or if that is even my problem. 

HP Recommended

Hi juicehound,

With this steps that were provided previously, this is a work around to get the printer connected wireless. Are any other devices having an issue with connecting to the wireless? How long has it been since you were able to connect your printer wireless? Did any changes happen at this point? (new router, change in internet service, moving furniture). How far from the printer is the router?

Thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

i purchased the printer locally b/c my old one broke and so i've never had it working wirelessly 

i've never had any problems connecting anything to my wifi 

the router is sitting on top of the printer lol 

HP Recommended

Thank you for the information. I would try the previous steps suggested before, but this time I would make sure that the router is 3 feet to the side of the printer. The way that a router signal works is it goes up and over (like putting your thumb over a garden hose, or sprinkler). So that way that it is setup right now, the router signal is missing the printer completely.

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

i will try that but when i tried it before it was not directly on top of the printer it was off to the side so i don't think that will change anything but i'll try it again 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.