Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

KenDFish says

HP have said:  "We unintentionally revoked credentials on some older versions of Mac drivers. This caused a temporary disruption for those customers and we are working with Apple to restore the drivers.

The fact that they can do this unintentionally suggests a shocking level of incompetence

Annoying to the nth degree to have had no notice of this from HP - and hopefully a fix is coming.  HP please come clean and tell us people who have bought your printers what is going on!!!!

Or is it as some have suggested really a ploy to get people to scrap old printers, which would not fit in with their environmental statements - If i do replace the printer I might chose a more professional company next time

HP Recommended

Have the same "filter failed" error with my Officejet 6000 E609n printer.  I was in a "malware warning" do loop with the inkjet4 driver and had to delete so Mac Air would work.  When looking at filters on printer setup, I noted the inkjet4 filter is in a different location, so understand the failure, but reinstall DID NOT fix this, so cannot print.  CAN print from ipad with HP Smart.'   I did all the updates with Catalina 10.15.07 and hp drivers  (4 Aug 2020) and still have filter fail

I reset the printer but the CUPS filter path is apparently incorrect now (no contents) and gives the filter "failed" message. 

Opinion:  Major disconnect between Apple and HP on this one and major headache to fix... If we ever get a fix across so many wireless printers.  Has to be a better way to update and secure.

Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 8.04.20 AM.png

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue, and, like everyone else, need it resolved quickly!  Is this being addressed??

HP Recommended

Running a Report I get:
Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (Code Signature Invalid)

Seems someone has messed with the  signature...

HP Recommended

“Unintentional” my ass. That’s not what I read. Anyway, it doesn’t matter. Those of us who rely on USB connections are screwed until they “resolve the issue”. I mean, seriously, how hard can it be? Pretty sure a good coder could put a patch together in a few hours. The fact is, they know those of us affected have older model, out-of-warranty printers, so the number of f**ks they give is considerably less than they do for customers with newer products. I was the second person to post about this a couple days ago—now there are pages and pages of posts from ppl who have been inconvenienced by this issue. I, for one, am in the middle of midterms at law school, with several major assignments coming due shortly. I NEED a working printer and scanner. This one was working absolutely fine before this situation and I had just purchased $120 worth of new ink cartridges, knowing I’d be needing them. My point is, even after all of these posts, HP has not bothered to weigh in and let us know what’s going on. Instead, they’ve chosen to ignore us completely. I’ve seen them reply to single posts—from one person; that is the part of this that bothers me most. I highly doubt my next printer will be an HP.

HP Recommended

The certificate is expired. But no, you can’t fix it.

HP Recommended

Are you aware of the steps one takes to do this?

A work around on Apple community suggests going with a fixed IP address for the printer, adding a "new" printer with that address, using IPP and configuring as a Generic PostScript Printer.”

HP Recommended

Checking in on this- so it seems to be an issue on HP's end re: drivers? That makes sense based on what I found when I searched (trying to download new drivers from HP and finding their certificate had expired- not sure if this is the same thing?) Regardless, seems like we have to wait for HP to fix? Confused how my end was affected when I hadn't updated any software, but I don't claim to know how these things work haha. Hopefully they'll patch it from their end and it'll go back to normal?

HP Recommended

To Expert ShomiL - perhaps you could pass this message on to someone with some kind of leverage higher up in the company. This current fiasco must surely be recognised by HP as a PR disaster.  Customers always appreciate it when a large company has made a mistake, owns up and apologises. You really should have a message on the Support homepage flagging the issue and saying you are trying to fix it as quickly as possible. Ok, it's not life or death, but read the comments and you can see that a whole lot of people are being detrimentally affected because they can't print important documents. It seems that the issue mainly affects older printers - i.e. printers that will need replacing sooner rather than later. Based on the current customer service levels, which company would you go to to get your nice new shiny printer? HP? hmmmm …

HP Recommended

When is this going to be fixed???? I can't print on either my or my husband's computer. I need to print!!! 

And I have no idea how or where to find "Air Print."

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.