Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro M255dw
Microsoft Windows 11

I just bought my wife a new HP Color LaserJet Pro M255dw for Christmas.  I took it out of the box for the first time, set it up according to the instruction manual, put paper in the paper drawer, connected it to the wifi, installed it on her laptop, etc.  Everything is working fine, and I can print to it . . . . but there's just one problem.

The touchscreen has been stuck on the language selection dialogue since I first powered on.  The top bar reads "Language" and then it gives the option of English, Francais, Deutsch, Italiano, and Español.  There is a star in the upper right of the English option.  The touchscreen is not registering my touch at all.  It won't accept a selection if I touch any of the options, and touching the back button, home button, and help buttons have no effect.  I did remove the protective shield when setting up the printer, so that's not the issue.

The only remedy I could think of to try was powering off and powering on again; that did not help.  I'm hoping you guys might have some answers for me; there doesn't appear to be much online about this problem.

Happy New Year.

Regards,

Soutane.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Soutane

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Have you tried using the navigation button on the control panel to select Language?

While you respond to that, let's try these steps:

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Remove USB cable, if present.
  • Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
  • Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn on the printer and wait till the warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.