Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

HP OfficeJet Pro 8030 series PCL3

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Jon328 ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you're experiencing an issue with printing on your HP OfficeJet Pro 8030 series printer, the printer is not printing while using Microsoft Windows 11. 

May I know

1. Since when are you facing this issue

2. Have you made any changes on your printer post that this issue raised and have you observed any light blinking on the display

3. May I know if you are using genuine cartridges
4. May I know the operating system windows or Mac OS?
5. Could you please elaborate on the issue?

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the problem:

Check Printer Connection: Ensure that your printer is properly connected to your computer and turned on. If it's a wireless printer, make sure it's connected to the same network as your computer.

Printer Driver: Make sure you have the correct and up-to-date printer drivers installed for your HP OfficeJet Pro 8030 series printer. You can download the latest drivers from the HP website.

Restart Print Spooler Service: Sometimes, restarting the Print Spooler service can resolve printing issues. Here's how to do it:

• Press Win + R to open the Run dialog box.
  • Type services.msc and press Enter.
  • In the Services window, locate the "Print Spooler" service.
  • Right-click on it and select "Restart".

Check Printer Queue: Sometimes, print jobs get stuck in the printer queue, preventing new jobs from printing. Here's how to clear the print queue:

• Type control printers and press Enter.
  • Right-click on your HP OfficeJet Pro 8030 series printer and select "See what's printing".
  • In the printer queue window, select any pending print jobs and click on "Cancel" or "Clear all documents".

Test Print: Try printing a test page to see if the issue persists. You can do this from the printer properties:

• Type control printers and press Enter.
  • Right-click on your HP OfficeJet Pro 8030 series printer and select "Printer properties".
  • In the properties window, look for the "Test Print" button and click on it.

Check Printer Settings: Ensure that the correct printer is selected as the default printer in your Windows settings. You can do this by going to Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners.

Update Windows: Make sure your Windows 11 operating system is up-to-date. Sometimes, updating Windows can resolve compatibility issues with printers and other devices.

Check for Software Conflicts: Sometimes, third-party software or antivirus programs can interfere with printing. Try temporarily disabling any such software and see if the issue persists.

Refer to this document: HP OfficeJet Pro 8030 All-in-One Printer series User manual

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.