Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 4250
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I'm using an HP ENVY Notebook running Windows 10 64bit
My Envy 4250 printer will only print in black.
Even though the Print and Scan doctor says all is OK the test print is in Black and Grey.
I've removed the printer from devices, uninstalled all reference to the printer, reinstalled the drivers am using genuine HP ink and it still will only print black, no colour at all.
Can you help ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@FrankEd 

Thanks for your return,

In order to palliate this issue, please try the following solution:

1. On the keyboard, simultaneously tap the Windows flag and the R key. The Run window opens.
  2. Type control printers, then press Enter. The Devices and Printers window opens.
  3. Right-click HP ENVY 4520 series, then Remove device and Yes.
  4. On the keyboard, simultaneously tap the Windows flag and the R key. The Run window opens.
  5. Type printui /s /t2, then press Enter. The Print Server Properties window opens in the Drivers tab.
  6. Select HP ENVY 4520 series, then click Remove..., and then select Remove driver and driver package.
  7. Click OK, then Yes, and then Delete.
  8. Restart the computer.
  9. Launch the printer software installed on the desktop and click Connect a new printer.
  10. Select Manual Setup, then Next, and select Wireless, and then Next.
  11. Select name printer, and then Next.
  12. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the printer installation.
  13. Try to print and scan.

Don't hesitate to contact us in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@FrankEd 

Hello,

Do you experience the same issue, when you make a color copy directly from the control panel of the printer?

In order to solve this incident, configure a new port as follows:

1. On the keyboard, press the Windows logo key and the R key simultaneously. The Run window opens.
  2. Type control printers, then press Enter. The Devices and Printers window opens.
  3. Right-click on your printer icon, then click on Printer properties, click on the Ports tab, and click on Add Port....
  4. Select Standard TCP/IP Port and click New Port....
  5. Click Next, then enter the printer's IP address (e.g. 192.168.1.97) in the Printer Name or IP Address field and click Next.
  6. Once the port is added, click Finish and close all windows.
  7. Try to print.

I remain at your disposal in case of need.

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Hi Mans, thanks for the advice.

It prints in colour OK from the control panel on the printer, so I suppose the problem lies with my laptop.

I added a standard TCP/IP port as per your post but the printer still doesn't print colour.

For info. I've also re-installed the latest drivers and firmware from the HP website.

Ah well, if at first... 🙂

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

@FrankEd 

Thanks for your return,

In order to palliate this issue, please try the following solution:

1. On the keyboard, simultaneously tap the Windows flag and the R key. The Run window opens.
  2. Type control printers, then press Enter. The Devices and Printers window opens.
  3. Right-click HP ENVY 4520 series, then Remove device and Yes.
  4. On the keyboard, simultaneously tap the Windows flag and the R key. The Run window opens.
  5. Type printui /s /t2, then press Enter. The Print Server Properties window opens in the Drivers tab.
  6. Select HP ENVY 4520 series, then click Remove..., and then select Remove driver and driver package.
  7. Click OK, then Yes, and then Delete.
  8. Restart the computer.
  9. Launch the printer software installed on the desktop and click Connect a new printer.
  10. Select Manual Setup, then Next, and select Wireless, and then Next.
  11. Select name printer, and then Next.
  12. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the printer installation.
  13. Try to print and scan.

Don't hesitate to contact us in case of need.

HP Recommended

Hi Mans,

Yay, success 😁

Worked first time, I tried various documents and all printed as they should,  black AND colour 😊

Thank you very much for your help and patience.

All the best

FrankEd

HP Recommended

@Mans

Thank you so much!! I was having the same problem!!

HP Recommended

Well, it printed the first time and when I tried to do it again, it was back to B&W.  😞

HP Recommended

Hi Amelia707,

Happened to me too, then I remembered a hint from a couple of years ago, search for the original printer drivers they worked a treat.

Mine started printing in black only AFTER a Windows 10 update, which also added an Administrator user !!

One of the HP files became corrupted, Windows wouldn't let uninstall even as a Administrator !!

Contacted Microsoft they pointed me in the right direction. Manually deleted the offending file.

Uninstalled all reference to the printer, restarted the PC then installed the original drivers.

Can't remember where I got them from. But the date on the .exe files is 2015. The zip download is about 420MB

Hope this helps, good luck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.