Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 7800
Microsoft Windows 11

The HP Envy 7800 shows up as offline when I go to print.

The Troubleshooter solution is to make it the default printer, but that does not restore it to online status.

Turning it off and then on again brings it back online for a while, but an hour or so later, it's offline again.

AND...the only way I can turn it off is to pull the AC cord; using the power switch only results in an endless message "shutting down."

This is not a heavily-used printer, but it is a BIG NUISANCE to have to make a production out of printing the occasional job that is meant for it, and not to my monochrome laser.

I'm running Windows 11, but the identical situation existed with Windows 10.

Grateful for any and all suggestions short of mental or physical violence!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.