Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 6978
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I discovered my printer this morning with a blue screen, a power button image, and an error code of B3B90640. I tried to turn off the printer(wireless)  but it would not turn off. I unplugged the power cable and re-plugged it in several minutes later. It attempted to boot up but failed after it recycled through the start up procedures several times.  While I have had the printer for over a year, I have not used it untl recenly and only printed several pages on it.  The printer has exhibited several error codes: B8F1823C and 824C8000 to name a couple.

Any suggestions? Is it worth taking to Best Buy for repair? I paid less that $100 for a  in January 2018.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Tino35

A warm welcome to HP Support Community!

We might be able to clear the error by resetting the printer network settings and reconnecting it back to your home WiFi. Here is how to do it:

1.) Unplug your modem/router and leave it powered off.

2.) Restart your printer, from the printer control panel, touch or swipe down the tab at the top of the screen to open the Dashboard, and then touch "Setup". Touch "Network Setup", touch "Restore Network Settings" and touch Yes.

3.) Power off your printer

4.) Reconnect your modem/router and wait for it to re-establish its internet connection.

5.) Power on your printer.

6.) From the printer control panel, touch or swipe down the tab at the top of the screen to open the Dashboard, and then touch Wireless. Touch Settings. Touch Wireless Settings.

7.) Touch Wireless Setup Wizard, touch the name of your network, and then follow the instructions to connect the printer to your home WiFi.

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Tino35

A warm welcome to HP Support Community!

We might be able to clear the error by resetting the printer network settings and reconnecting it back to your home WiFi. Here is how to do it:

1.) Unplug your modem/router and leave it powered off.

2.) Restart your printer, from the printer control panel, touch or swipe down the tab at the top of the screen to open the Dashboard, and then touch "Setup". Touch "Network Setup", touch "Restore Network Settings" and touch Yes.

3.) Power off your printer

4.) Reconnect your modem/router and wait for it to re-establish its internet connection.

5.) Power on your printer.

6.) From the printer control panel, touch or swipe down the tab at the top of the screen to open the Dashboard, and then touch Wireless. Touch Settings. Touch Wireless Settings.

7.) Touch Wireless Setup Wizard, touch the name of your network, and then follow the instructions to connect the printer to your home WiFi.

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

to Senan6806:  Thanks for the suggestion. It worked.

HP Recommended

@Tino35

You are welcome! Glad to hear that the issue is resolved. If you need any help, feel free to reach out to us. Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.