Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I am having the exact same problem on my Samsung Galaxy 5, as well as my husband having the same problem.  I have done everything including talking with Verizon and Samsung.  I cannot find a phone # for HP in order to talk to a live person.  This is so frustrating.  What is the solution!

Also...this message is inconsistent.  I have not been able to determine a reason why it works and sometimes does not.  Yes, this is emails only.  It appears I can print photos and Memos.

HP Recommended

Hi @Sherry_H

Welcome to HP Forums and thanks for the post.

I see you unable to print emails from your Samsung phone. I would like to help.

Firstly, I would like to know which printer you are using and the application you are using on the phone for email printing.

Recommend you to install HP AIO Remote and try to print through our app. Restart the phone and the printer and then try to print again. For other printing solutions for HP printers you can refer HP mobile printing and troubleshooting ePrint

If you want to contact our phone support, you can visit www.hp.com/contacthp and fill the form.

Also, refer to this older HP Forum post.

Let me know if this helped. 

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried that but it didn't work.  I find using HAMMERMILL app is the best.  What i have been doing is trick the system as follows:  When the error message comes up, i close that window, go into the hammermill app, click on reinstall the printer...even though the printer is already there, i just select it again,  i get the message "you printer is installed" (even though it was already there)   then I attempt to print...and VOILA  for now it prints.

But the error message will come back...I know it. So thats what I'm doing for now.

I have installed HP, CANON, HAMMERMILL, HP AIO  but nothing helps after the error message.  Something is preventing the printers from being recognized.

Anyway this is working for now...don't know why we just can't fix it.

any suggestions?

HP Recommended
Downgrade Android System WebView (reset it to a factory version). The following steps can be done on Galaxy phones for that:
· Go to Settings->Application manager
· Touch More button and select “Show system apps”
· Open Android System WebView
· Touch Disable button (and touch Disable or OK or Agree in each popup)
· Touch Enable button.
Also auto update of Android System WebView should be disabled (it can be done in Play Store app).
For me I just uninstalled updates to "Android system web view" & it worked I didn't have to disable & re enable
HP Recommended
This worked for me!!! Thank you so very much!!!
HP Recommended

Your solution put an end to a week of agonizing over this problem.  I am now printing emails, PDFs, docs, you name it.  Thanks for sharing.

HP Recommended

This solution; removing updates from Android System Webviewer did allow me to print from Samsung S4 with HP Print Service Plugin installed. The printing however was only a faint outline of the letters in the document. Printing had been fine on this HP Officejet 6812. I reinstalled a new copy of the Webviewer by Google Inc. and got the error message "Failed to change the settings. Try again".  Thanks for the help.

HP Recommended
Finally, this process seemed to work. Hp plugin App was always hit or miss but hoping now it is resolved. Hopefully tho I haven't messed up any other settings on my Galaxy7. Thank you!
HP Recommended
Thank you!
HP Recommended
Thank you so much. Finally worked for me
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.